Beggining of a new era

Warning; this chapter contains hints of sexual and mental abuse. If any of that sort of thing makes you uncomfortable, please either stop reading this fanfic or this chapter. Any chapter that may contain these things will have warnings.

The air was bitterly cold as Sophie walked into Foxfire. She headed to her locker, grabbing her books and heading to her first session.

Then, lunch came, the part she was most nervous about. People would officially see her and Fitz, even thought they didn't really ever talk about becoming official. But still.

She got in line, and proceeded to pick up a plate full of orange sour stuff, along with some weird green and purple twigs.

Once she had spotted her friends, Sophie headed towards the table. There were no seats open.

"Hey guys!" Sophie said, cheerfully. They waved back, their mouths full of food.

Biana was the first to swallow her food and patted her seat, signaling for her to share her seat.

Sophie giggled and walked over, and the two girls squished onto the small chair. They definitely were getting weird looks, but everyone should have been used to that by now.

She was so distracted by her laughter, that she didn't see Fitz walk up to her. She was violently pulled out of her thoughts as he picked her up, bridal style.

He carried her back to his seat, setting her on his lap and continued eating as if nothing had happen.

Her pale skin, from shock, slowly turned into a deep shade of red.

That's when she realized the whole lunch room had gone silent, only to start laughing and crying. Somehow, she turned more red.

As she was trying to escape the embarrassment, she saw one very annoyed face. Keefe's. She knew he never really liked them being together, but now he was full on sulking.

After lunch, Sophie headed to her last period of the day, which was boring and not worth noting. She transmitted a quick message to Keefe, telling him she was going to change and then head over to his house.

The outfit she picked from her closet was plain, but hugged her curves in all the right spots.

(Ignore the bag and pretend she's wearing black flats

(Ignore the bag and pretend she's wearing black flats.)

She air was salty as Sophie finally arrived at the Shores of Solace. That was to be expected, for a house near salty waters.

Knocking on the door, she was trying to maintain her hair and skirt, definitely not the outfit to wear, but she'd be fine once she was inside.

A taller boy with ice blue eyes and blonde hair opened the door not a moment later.

He blushed as she said, "Hey!" smiling and closing her eyes. His view travelled down to her outfit, and he had to clear his throat to snap out of it.