1 ✯ otherwordly

❝Those otherworldly desires were just as foolish as the wordly desires.❞ -Rajneesh

I woke up, eyes half lidded and still dazed.

Dazed and mostly dead.

I sat up from my soft mattress, nudging myself towards the edge of the bed, hanging my legs over the side, feeling myself sink into the covers as lightly rubbed my eyes.

I took a small peek at the calendar hung on my wall, and I knew it was going to be a long day.

It was garbage day.

Garbage.

Just like my insignificant life.

I walked out into the hallway and into me and my best friend's shared kitchen. I opened up the cabinets, grabbing the ingredients and began cooking us pancakes, the sweet scent wafting into the air and filling my nose.

It was the same morning routine since I'd moved in here. Nothing different.

Every day, I'd wake up and cook breakfast for myself and Ava.

Now, don't take it like I was her servant.

She bought me the cooking ingredients while I did the actual work.

She'd always sleep in. Some would call her laziness an unhealthy habit, but to me, it's just a trait she possesses.

Everyone has their habits, and Ava's was adorable. Her drooling face was also especially good for blackmail

When I was in high school, I played video games too often and ended up staying up until 3 AM revising for a test I should've revised for hours ago.

The brats that lived in the neighboring dorms called me that girl like I was of a different species when they saw me gaming in the middle of the night, screaming like a crazy woman. I was of a different species: the weirdos. And I never fit in with the brats. Especially when everyone at school was obsessed with becoming a brat.

That was until I met Ava. And she changed my life.

I snapped out of my daydream to flip my pancakes. I poured maple syrup over it and served it onto a plate, before putting two plates onto the island table we owned.

I knocked on Ava's door.

"A?" I called. When she didn't respond, I just decided to open the door and walk inside.

She was sound asleep, her head smushed into her pillow and her mouth agape as she snored softly, her fingers tugging onto her sheets. I quickly put a hand on her shoulder and shook her awake.

"Y/N..." she muttered, turning to the other side, and sitting up in a slow motion, brushing a hand through her messy hair.

She got up and walked to the bathroom to freshen up after that. I chuckled to myself. She was always like this in the morning. Sometimes I wonder if I'm living in a constant time loop, like in some fictional world or something.

"It's garbage day today, A!" I yelled.

She groaned.