25 ✯ memory

❝Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory.❞ -Dr. Seuss

Everything seemed hazy as I awoke from my slumber. Maybe it was simply because it was a morning. It was really strange. Was it related to what Pierce did last night? Crap, what did Pierce even do last night? I should stop thinking about this. It seems like the more I try to recall those memories, the more those memories start to fade away. It must be the daemos's magic. But that's impossible.

When a person gets worried about something, there's no way they can just not think about the thing that made them worried. That's just not logical. It's probably best if I notified Pierce and try to ask him somehow.

Then, suddenly Leif popped up out of nowhere. He was holding a red, heart shaped box. It was wrapped around with a red ribbon and had a small tied bow. He had this unreadable expression on his face. I was flustered. Was he giving this heart to me?

I opened my mouth to speak, to say something, but I was cut off.

"Princess Ava, for you." Leif said, his smirk evident on his face.

I flinched, for a second. I looked over at the grinning boy, and my chest was convulsing in a way I couldn't comprehend.

He handed the small box to Ava. I gave the slightest scowl, as Ava gave him a blank stare.

But I couldn't help but feel a sprout of jealousy rush through my body. Ava gets everything. Every compliment. And of course, I don't think I deserve all too many of those. I'm not that good of a person anyway. But it still hurts.

It must be such an ego boost for Ava. Control your stupid emotions, Y/N. Crap. I'm sounding like prince pompous prat now. Leif then looked towards me. And he gave me a look. A weird one. He looked a little sad. And a little disappointed.

"I'm sorry, Y/N." Leif mumbled, just loud enough for me to hear.

He clutched my hand tightly. What? The confusion was real. He then let go of my hand and walked away. He turned around. With that smirk on his face.

"Don't forget, Ava! I was the one who gave that to you!" Leif yelled.

And he left the room with his teleport thing.

"I think I'm hyperventilating..." Ava muttered.

I pat her on the back. Must be nice to be Ava. Oh yeah. I need to go find Pierce about the memory. He must have crazy strong magic. Regarding daemos magic, I've only had a few encounters with it. One that is used offensively, anyway.

Asch's fire, and Pierce's sleep thing. It must be some sort of trick he learned. It was sort of embarrassing. It was like he put me to sleep in front of the boys. And knowing me, my stupid limp body probably sagged onto the floor. I can almost imagine Leif snickering.

Wait... I smelled something good. Something weirdly good. It was coming from our open kitchen. And for some reason, Rhys was standing there. Don't tell me... Rhys was making food.

"RHYS OH MY GOD PLEASE DONT BURN DOWN THE KITCHEN WE'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY SO MUCH IF IT GETS BROKEN AND I'M TOO BROKE FOR THAT PLEASE DON'T BURN DOWN THE HOUSE!!!!" I screamed, lunging towards him.

Suddenly, mid air, he thrust a spoon into my mouth. It... tasted good. I fell to the floor.

"What are you making?" I gasped.

"I'm trying out cooking. I'm just making something from this book." He said, pointing to the cookbook that was placed on the table.

"Well, it tastes really good!" I cheered, licking my lips.

He smiled.

"I'm glad you like it, Y/N. But I'm making it for Ava." Rhys stated.

I felt my heart drop to the floor. Say what now. Even Rhys... It felt like a stab to the chest again. Why does Ava get everything? Not that the Daemos belong to us or whatever. But like... Why does Ava get all the attention? I know it's stupid and childish. And I shouldn't think like that. But I couldn't help it.

I wanted to blame Ava. I wanted to blame her so badly. But I couldn't. Because it wasn't her fault. She's such a nice and beautiful person.

It's hard to think anyone wouldn't like her. But it had to be everyone. I guess Ava just has that type of charm. Wait. The boys talked about marriage that night. Did they like her so much they wanted to marry her? And fight each other to earn her heart?

That's... That hurts. That hurts a lot.

Although Leif and Pierce did show me sympathy and wanted to help me, the rest of them didn't really want to. Noi just looked so scared... agh.

Stupid thinking thing. I forgot to go find Pierce. I need to get to him and ask about what he did to me. I'm sure he feels bad about it too. But seeing Leif and Rhys like that...

It really didn't help. I was angry. Angry that they pretended to show interest in me when they liked Ava. That they led me on. Stupid Leif with his Princess jokes. And stupid Rhys with his adorable glasses. Noi with his cute smile and Asch with his warm coldness.

I was so angry. I didn't honestly know what I should've felt in that moment. Anger was just part of it. Another part was a lingering sadness, that was overwhelming. A sadness that I found people that I thought liked me.Yet they liked my best friend. And they all were fighting over her.

I know this sounds infinitely wrong, but could Ava just let a few of them go? I just want someone to care for me.

But when I saw those stupid daemos... It's like they changed my world. And they have.

But they've walked away from my world. And onto Ava's. I think they like it there more.

-
This is a sad chapter lol. I'm updating so much more frequently oh my gawd... me: checks own temperature. gurl, don't tell me this change of update speed is cause it's corona time... but thank you guys for 19k! The thought of 20k makes me want to start hyperventilating like I can't believe that this story has gotten so far uwu love you guys!
-
edit = 13.07.2021
wc = 1080 words