34 ✯ breakups

Breakups hurt, but losing someone who doesn't respect and appreciate you is actually a gain, not a loss.❞

Rhys carried me all around the festival. And when I mean all around, I literally mean all around. I don't know how much strength that boy has, but he's definitely stronger than he looks.

Not trying to stereotype him to nerdy wise guy that has noodle arms or something. I don't understand how a guy with his personality has abs like that of a bodybuilder. Actually, I really shouldn't be saying that.

Pervert alert, Y/N. I slapped myself across the face, earning a weird look from Rhys, who was probably going to question why I hit myself.

"If you continue to do side facepalming like that, your beautiful face will get damaged, Y/N." Rhys pointed out, still carrying me.

My face flushed over a deep shade of red as my heart started running at 300 miles per hour. I just embarrassed myself in front of this guy, and then got embarrassed because of him complimenting my embarrassing actions.

Embarrass myself once, shame on me. Embarrass myself twice, shame on Rhys. Embarrass myself thrice, shame on the both of us. Let's just pass around the shame, shall we?

That's not even how that saying goes.

We were running after Noi and Asch, who were doing their best to avoid us at all costs. I don't think they'd like to experience angry Rhys firsthand.

Surprisingly, he was still holding me although we were running at Mach 20. I'm sure I can walk, but it's just that I'd gotten a little used to being in his muscles arms that I didn't really want to. And I don't think I weighed a feather to him, because he was jumping over small children and making his way through tight spaces just fine.

Although, he was wary of big crowds or at least groups of people. It may just have been his instinct to stay away from humans, or maybe it was him trying to avoid conflict in case anyone connected him to the corn dog stealing incident.

I mean, it's not like we're in the middle of a worldwide pandemic or something, where people need to barricade themselves from all other living beings to keep their bodies safe from potentially hazardous and fatal bacteria. If Sakusa from Haikyuu was here, he'd literally lock himself in his room and never come out.

Wait a minute... maybe that's what's going on on Daemos! They did say something about evil. Maybe they're still in their medieval stage of society and don't know much about disease and hygiene. No wonder they'd want to leave and come to earth.

"Hey, Rhys! I just saw someone wearing a leather jacket duck into the Haunted Maze!" I said, pointing towards the door of the Maze.

The doorway was dark, and I could see a flash of orange. That must be Noi.

"What's a leether jacket?" Rhys asked.

"The black thing that's made of the rough leathery material Asch is wearing. And I saw orange hair too! After them, my noble steed!" I yelled.

Okay. Awkward... I could literally feel a bunch of people walking nearby look at me weird.

"Let's go!" Rhys yelled, continuing to run forward into the Maze.

Okay. I thought it was kind of funny at first, but it's seriously going to be so embarrassing if some random kid took a video of that and posted it to TikTok as a funny meme. I thought that with Rhys' big brainpower and my experience with mazes, we'd be able to find Asch and Noi easy peasy.

Oh, boy was I wrong. Not only did Rhys not proceed as my noble steed, he stopped to analyse the walls and the pathways we could possibly take and how they would work in which we would be able to find Asch and Noi.