5 ✯ woman

❝The real power of a man is in the size of the smile of the woman sitting next to him.❞

I was lounging on the couch, one arm draped over the side of the armrest while my other held my phone in my hand, my eyes glued to the screen and watching 13 Reasons Why. I heard light footsteps trot over to me, and when they stopped, I looked up to see that Ava had come out of her room.

"Hey, Y/N." Ava said, tired, rubbing her eyes and yawning into her palm as she stretched her other arm.

"What's going on?" Pierce asked. He was sitting on the other side of the couch, upright and doing nothing in particular except for stare at my lazy figure on the edge of the couch.

"Nothing." I replied, my eyes quickly drawn back to the captivating screen, and the characters dancing around on it.

"But there's something on your slab." He said, pointing to my phone, peering at it curiously, but staying in place on his side of the couch. It was like he was tempting me to move over as his eyes flared.

"Oh! That's just a Netflix Show!" I said, waving my hand around.

"A net-flick?" He asked, his head tilted to the side, his face still giving the same blank expression as always.

"It's an online platform where humans pay money to watch scenarios of different genres for entertainment." I said. I suppose living with these guys now have increased my chances of becoming a human dictionary.

"Can I have a net-flick too?" Pierce asked, his blue eyes sparkling in delight. His cuteness was adorable.

I laughed. "No you cannot, Pierce."

"Why not?"

"Cause this is my slab!" I said playfully, scooting back over to my side of the couch and turning the phone away from him.

He frowned, pouting slightly as he looked forward at nothing in particular. He seemed kind of bored. I sighed, moving closer to him on the couch and showing him the phone. His face lit up as he looked at the screen. I don't know if he fully understood and could comprehend what was happening in the storyline, but I suppose he didn't care too much as long as it was enjoyable.

"Morning, prisoner." Leif greeted us as he walked out of the bathroom, smirking at me with that shit-eating grin of his. He quickly jumped onto the couch with the agility of a bunny. He did seem like one, in a way. But a more violent bunny. The type that would chew on your charging cables when you aren't looking. (bunny leif headcannon when)

"Morning..." Ava said, half asleep, as she walked over to me and buried her face in the crook of my neck, her body supported by the back of the couch as she fell silent once again.

I heard a small rustle from the leaves of a large potted plant in the corner of the apartment. I usually took nice care of that plant, since Ava has killed literally all living beings in this apartment that are owned by her except Johnny. And me of course, I see myself as Ava's loyal slave. She can step on me. I'm kidding. Noi suddenly jumped out from behind the plant, a blur of orange like sonic dashed out from behind the green, and I gave out a small scream in surprise.

"Why were you behind my beautiful plant baby Noi? You could've killed it if you knocked it over!" I scolded, waving a finger at the fluffy orange haired daemos, trying my best not to wake up Ava who was probably taking a nap on my shoulder with my movements.

"I had an energy recharge on the floor. I must've rolled over there while I was sleeping. Heh." He said in a cute tone, flashing a wide smile. I simply nodded, trying my best not to forgive him for potentially damaging my plant because of his adorable smile.

"Hey, where's Rhys and the pompous prince?" I asked, realising the two weren't with us. Wonder where they could've run off to.

Rhys walked out of the hallway, holding my folding umbrella, studying it curiously, flipping it over multiple times and looking at the mechanisms and pushing the buttons, eyeing the shiny metal.

"This is quite interesting, the mechanics are so intricate..." he muttered.

"It's an umbrella." I answered flatly.

"Is that so?"

"I FOUND IT!" Asch screamed. I could recognise asch's voice at this point. He screamed so much it would be impossible not to.

He ran out of Ava's room. Holding one of her bras.

"THERES A WHOLE BOX OF THEM! ITS WHERE SHE CHANNELS HER MAGIC!"

"ASCH YOU LITTLE—" Ava screamed.

I attempted to snatch it out of his hand but he swerved left and avoided me. He then put it on his head, straps around his ears as he tried to channel magic energy. Idiot.

"That's mine!" Ava squealed. She grabbed it from his head and threw it into her room.

"That is not a piece of magic, it is a type of clothing human females wear." She screamed, her cheeks red.

"Oh." Asch said flatly.

"My source of magic is from within, young Asch." Ava said mysteriously, before opening up Instagram and plopping onto the couch, burying her face in a cushion.

"I think what she means is she stores her energy as it grows over time. So she's like indestructible!" Noi exclaimed, jumping up and down, a pure smile at his lips.

Rhys stroked his chin. "I don't think that's how it works, Noi." Noi pouted. I chuckled.

"It's not funny, Y/N!" Noi whined, pouting at me and crossing his arms.

All of them seemed like five year olds. I wonder if it's just these guys, or the population of Daemos is filled to the brim with immaturity. Ava sighed.

"Well, I'll go take a bubble bath. Be back in half an hour." She said as she walked into the bathroom and locked the door behind her.

Pierce sat down next to me in the couch and stared at me. Intently. I asked him what he was doing.

He just said, "Nothing." Creepy much? But it was alright. He gave me head pats the entire time. I'd be watching Miraculous Ladybug and just get random taps on the head. He'd look over my shoulder at my iPhone screen, and say, "Cool." or "Nice." He's a chill dude, I'll give him that. He's probably the chill listener in the friend group, letting all his friends vent about their lives to him.

Pierce could run a full on conversation with one word. It's probably his special ability. I noticed the silence in the air. I looked around to find that everyone had disappeared. Usually they'd be lounging out in the living room and making evil plans or something. I got up to look around the apartment, checking all the rooms. But the daemos were nowhere to be found.

And when I returned to the living room, Pierce was gone too, his spot still warm. And that was when I heard it.

An ear-piercing scream.
__
word count: 553
The suspense in this chapter be killer uwu
__
edit: 02.07.2021
word count: 1218 words