30 ✯ festivities

❝I'm the queen of festivities, that's all I can say.❞ -Mariah Carey

The day had soon come to herd Ava off to the Fall Festival with me an Lorelai. It took a whole day's worth of "Ava, pleaseeeeeeee!" And "Ava, come onnnnnnn!" Until she finally agreed so I would stop bothering her.

She was still asleep when the clock hit 10. That's typical Ava, but Lorelai said we were going to meet at 11.

The boys were long awake, already shouting at each other as I'd prepared breakfast. They'd probably woke up at 6, changed their clothes and sat there watching Socky the Sock Puppet until I woke up. That's what they did the last few days, anyway. They're starting to get addicted. Eh, who am I to say anything? I'm addicted to many things, none of which would make what I say any less different.

"Let me watch my crime show!" Leif whined, as Asch grabbed the remote and changed the channel.

"Your crime show is stupid!" Asch yelled.

"How dare you!" Leif screamed as he launched himself at Asch, his weapons outstretched in his hands.

"No cold blooded murder of princely brats, Leif!" I screeched as I went to go make breakfast.

Leif gave me a pouty look.

"Aww, I wanted to spar." Leif said, the sadness in his voice sarcastic, sickeningly sweet as he gave me a smirk.

I rolled my eyes. Then, Ava walked out of her room.

"Why are you guys making a ruckus so early on in the morning?" Ava asked.

"It's 10, Ava." I said.

"Yeah, early in the morning." She stated, rubbing her eyes.

"We're meeting up with Lorelai at 11." I replied cheerily.

"OH YEAH THE FALL FESTIVAL WHY DIDNT YOU WARN ME YESTERDAY GURL AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" Ava screamed as she ran back into her room to both physically and mentally prepare herself for the proceeding outing.

I laughed to myself. Looking over to the boys, they were still squabbling about the TV. I sighed, grabbing Noi's hand and squeezing it, before motioning to the door.

"Come on guys! To the Fall Festival we go!"

"Wait, we're going with you?" Rhys asked, glancing up from what looked like to be the latest issue of Teen Magazine.

"The more the merrier, and I'm sure you all would like to join regardless." I grinned.

Once we got there, it finally felt familiar. Except for the fact that 5 daemos boys were tagging along for the ride.

"Guys! We're here!" Ava said happily, going over to the ticket master.

"What is this place again?" Pierce asked.

"It's the Fall Festival! It's a fun place set up for people to celebrate the month of October and Halloween!" I cheered.

I couldn't wait to get on those few crazy wild rollercoasters I remember got me puking out the contents of my stomach every year. Good times.

"Balloons!" Ava squealed as she went to go grab some.

I sighed. I looked over to the guys. They looked really confused, to be honest. I'm pretty sure none of them really grasped the concept of Halloween or fall or festival very much yet. Cultural differences were evident for all people, but for demons it must be entirely different.

Ava ran back holding a hot pink balloon, her eyes lit up like stars.

"Can we eat that?" Rhys asked, gesturing towards the balloon.

"Why do you guys always want to eat new things when you first see them?" Ava asked,  probably mentally facepalming.

Oh god. That sounded a hundred times more wrong than it should be.

"It's not our fault you humans make things look appetizing," Pierce said.

"Well my mama made this girl appetizing so—" I started, before Ava clapped a hand over my mouth.

"AHAHAHAHHAHAHA Y/N very funny! Very funny. Lets go now." Ava said, chuckling awkwardly.

She grabbed my arm and pulled me as we walked further into the festivities. Once we were way ahead of the boys, Ava grabbed my arm and pulled me in closer.

She whispered into my ear, "Y/N! Don't taint them! We don't want little mini versions of Mrs. Oats running around the house 24/7. One is already enough. And with Mrs. Oats grooming her granddaughter to be exactly like her, we'll be seeing even more of perverted matchmaker women."

I laughed at that.

"Jesus. Imagine Asch running around screaming YOU KIDS GET OFF MY LAWN!" I said jokingly.

Ava doubled over in laughter. Asch gave me a death stare, like I'd just punched Ava or something and he wanted to go murder me.

"You wanna know something hilarious? Try actually imagining that. What's crazy is that I can actually imagine that happening." Ava snorted, laughing so hard she let go of her balloon.

"NO MY BALLOON!" She screamed as she tried to jump and run after it.

I chuckled. Then I got a poke on the shoulder.

"Oh, Mr. Dracula!" I said, greeting the old man with a wave.

"Hello, Y/N. I wanted to ask you for a favor." He said, smiling at me.

Oh god. This man...

He was definitely using my ties with Ava to force me to do this favor for him. Mr. Dracula's one man I don't want to anger or annoy if I want to help Devon and Andrew.

"Yeah, what do you need, Mr. Dracula?" I asked.

"I've somehow lost my granddaughter. Can you help me find her? She's with a bunch of her friends. I know she'll find a way home even if I can't find her, but I'm still worried about her." He said.

I didn't know if he thought I was open to helping the elderly, but regardless, I had a granddaughter to find and an old man to please.

-
edit : 02.02.2022
word count : 956 words
frequent updates ?? damn