24 ✯ emotions

❝Your intellect may be confused, but your emotions will never lie to you.❞ -Roger Ebert

Ava was asleep, and she wouldn't be waking up for quite a while. It was late into the night, and the moment she hit the sheets she was out like a light.

I yawned, stretching my arms and groggily heading out my door to grab a late night snack. That was when I heard the muffled whispers coming from the living room.

I was about to burst out and yell at them for wasting electricity in the middle of the night, but then I heard something interesting.

"Focus on our goals, Rhys!" Asch yelled.

I saw Rhys bow his head. I couldn't see his face, but I knew he must've felt uncomfortable, his body becoming rigid.

"You're Lady Grandma's prized pupil! Yet you allowed your stupid emotions take over your logical sense!" He screeched.

Rhys' hands clenched into tight fists. Asch wasn't known for making nice comments, and he acted like a classic high school bully or something.

"Get a grip, Asch. He's as deep into emotions as you are." Leif scoffed.

"You're the one too into your emotions!" Asch screamed, more violently then his last outburst.

"All I need to do is get her hand in marriage, and I'll have done daemos proud! And don't any of you idiots dare to stop me! You have no chances with her!" Asch yelled.

"I have a chance, too!" Noi protested.

A small voice, but still holding his own.

"Are you really going to try to rebel against me now?" Asch growled.

He lunged towards Noi, stopping mere inches from his face. His face was twisted with anger. Noi was biting his upper lip, shivering, but he stood his ground.

"That girl! Lorelai! She told me that I was cute! And I might not be as strong on daemos, but this is new territory. And every new territory gives way for new strategy." Noi said proudly.

"If not for me, you would be nothing! You may have a way to get around, a way to win her heart, but you should remember who gave you this chance! That was me! I recruited you! I am the one who gave you this chance to stand before me and even be in close proximity to her. Now stand down!" Asch demanded.

Noi's legs trembled underneath him, like Asch's words had actually physically impacted him. He sat down.

"Prince Asch, think about this rationally. The more of us trying to win her over will mean a greater chance of success." Rhys stated.

"Even you? The lot of you are just trying to steal my place! You're all just holding me down. You're just shackles, obstacles! And you are in my way!" Asch screamed.

"We are not in your way, Asch!" Noi yelled.

He was shaking again, but he stood up. His face was fuelled with anger, in a way that I had never seen before. He seems so innocent at first. But I have to remember that these guys are all demons at heart. They're still dangerous. And even the most adorable of them all scares me when he's angry.

His face was full of white hot rage. It was the purest scene of anger I'd seen in my life.

"How dare you? You think you have what it takes to be the king of Earf? Coward! Pathetic." Asch spat.

And with that, Noi's time was up. He sat down again, head held low.

"I will be the king of Earf if it ensures the safety of our people. Too many of our kind have been suffering. And this suffering we've brought..." Pierce mumbled.