9 ✯ dads

Dads are most ordinary men turned into heroes.❞ -Pam Brown

"OUR BABY HAS A BOYFRIEND?!" Dad 1 screamed.

I winced. He had quite the set of lungs. I guess that's one thing I'll never get used to.

"Uh, yes! I'm her boyfriend." Noi replied shakily. I'm assuming he still didn't really understand his own situation, but he said really was a pretty good bluffer.

Dad 2 immediately grabbed Ava. "Is he correct, pumpkin?" Ava couldn't do anything but nod her head. Dad 1 ran up to Noi and shook his hand, Noi looking at him with frightened eyes.

"My name is Devon, but you can call me the cool dad if you want—"

"Devon!" Dad 2 yelled.

"Sorry, Andrew!" Devon said sheepishly. Andrew's eyes softened just the tiniest bit towards his lover, and he sighed.

"You know what?" Andrew said. A long moment of silence passed, the air so thick Asch's magic could cut through it.

"What?" I asked, breaking the ice.

"Why don't we all settle down for lunch? We'll go to your favorite restaurant, pumpkin. Maybe the pizza place down the street." Andrew said in a creepily calm tone, his face a blank slate.

Uh oh. Calm dad is bad dad.

"You wanna come along, Y/N?" Devon asked. I nodded vigorously. Devon wrapped his arm around me as we walked out the doors of the apartment. Just before I shut the white doors behind me I could see Asch pacing in the living room, his eyebrows furrowed and his arms crossed.

Heh, serves him right.

As we walked, Noi was hiding behind Ava, and Andrew glared at him like a predator to prey. Poor soft babey nugget must've been so frightened.

When we got to the pizza place I think the awkwardness was overwhelming. I could cut through the air with a knife, seeing the way everyone was behaving. Noi was giving Ava all these weird stares and their knuckles would brush against each others' every so often. Did I also mention the both of them were blushing? Ah, hormones.

It was somewhat hilarious to know my best friend was forced into this situation, when she was the one who set it all up to fall into a hole herself. We got to the doorway of the pizza place, and suddenly Devon and Andrew had gone inside for no apparent reason. Probably just to use the bathroom inside the restaurant.

Ava and Noi were standing outside the restaurant window and talking, blushes coating their cheeks. I chuckled. One moment later, for a fraction of a second, they held hands. I had to blink several times to process what I'd just seen.

I was about to scream out loud: MY BEST FRIEND IS IN LOVE WITH A RANDOM MAGICAL DEMON BOI

But I refrained from doing that. It'd probably be so embarrassing, and Ava wouldn't let me enter the apartment again after that. But something felt off. I couldn't shake off the feeling that I was being watched. It was incredibly hard to explain, but I almost felt the air surrounding me pushing on me, leaning on me and sapping my strength. As I surveyed the empty space closer, I noticed that the space seemed like some sort of mirage you'd see in a. It was like the oxygen around me was rippling like water. So I reached out, and I hit something.

"Ow!" A familiar voice yelped.

"Asch?!" I whisper-shouted, face burning.

"Asch, why in the world are you crashing Ava's date?" I asked, my tone clearly angry.

"Well, we were all quite curious to find out where you were going, and we wanted to know what this date thing is all about. And why Noi is over there with Ava." Rhys said matter of factly.

Wait. Since when was Rhys here?

And if Rhys was here too, that meant—

"Hello, Princess." Leif mumbled into my ear. I was so shocked I jumped into the air and landed on my butt. He cackled, his voice piercing the air. I glared at the empty space and crossed my arms.

"Let me help you up, Y/N." Pierce stated as I felt a pair of strong arms loop under my armpits and lifted me up,setting me back on my feet.

"So, what is a date?" Rhys asked curiously.

"A date is where a guy takes a girl out to eat and talks with a girl to show they like her. It can go both ways though. A girl can ask a guy out too." I explained as best as I could. You can't explain something you've never done that well.

"Does that mean Noi is courting Ava?" Pierce asked.

"Courting? I thought courting was only a thing people did in the medieval days where the internet wasn't a thing." I muttered.

"We must understand more." Asch said flatly, then I felt the presence of the demon males leave my side as I was watched the air swish and swirl wherever they headed. And they were headed directly for Noi and Ava.

-
word count: 656
Heyo guys it's your gurl :3 I'm not dead ahahah but anyway here's this chapter of Fallen and imma work on the next episode soon. See y'all!
-
edit: 02.14.2021
word count: 884 words
happy valentines day everyone !