7 ✯ instagram

❝No one's life is as perfect as their instagram feed.❞

Ava was standing in front of the floor to ceiling length windows we had, sweeping her phone around her in a circle, trying to find the best angle. I didn't understand the whole Instagram thing. Why post pictures of yourself on an online platform, when you have such a small amount of actual friends? At least that's just me.

I don't think making a public account is any good for me, so I make all my accounts private. And the only person that follows me is Ava. Great. So that's why I deleted the app immediately after I installed it.

"Ava, are you going to post that to Instagram again?" I groaned.

She laughed lightheartedly. "Really, Y/N. You don't have to have Instaphobia." She giggled.

"It's not a phobia!" I retorted, pouting.

"Sure it isn't." Ava said, smirking.

I facepalmed.

She took a duckface selfie before putting a filter on it and posting it. After a few minutes, she groaned. "I'm not getting any likes!"

"What do you mean by likes?" Leif asked as he walked out from the boys' place.

"If someone likes your picture or post, that means they enjoy looking at it or think you did a good job in the process of making it." I attempted to explain.

It was a horrible explanation, but it's not like I can dive into explaining Instagram to a demon that has zero common sense.

"Can I try posting something?" Leif asked.

Ava asked him to pose. Leif looked really stupid to me, but to all them boy-crazy girls on insta? They probably think he's a legend. And in the literal sense, he kinda is. He's a demon from another realm.

Well, Ava posted his picture onto Instagram and squealed. "OHMAHGOD IM GETTING SO MANY FOLLOWERS!"

"You're getting followers?" Asch asked.

"I think she means these followers blindly follows her orders." Rhys said, squinting at Ava's phone screen.

"I want followers!" Asch screeched, making a beeline for Ava's phone.

"Give me your slab, human!" He commanded.

Asch screamed loudly, snatching the phone from Ava's hands, prancing around the room as Ava furiously ran after him. "Give it back, you jerk nugget!"

I facepalmed. Ava let Asch take a picture of himself before taking his pic and posting it. "Asch is getting even more likes than Leif!" Leif growled, lunging for the phone.

"I'm getting more likes than Asch!" Leif said.

"No you don't!"

And that's how the boys and Ava spent the rest of the day taking pictures on Instagram. Ava got tons of followers and loads of likes. She seemed extremely satisfied with herself.

Me? I decided to reinstall Instagram and take pictures with Noi.

Noi wasn't going to battle over Ava's phone, so he came to mine.

"Could I maybe take some of those selfies with you, Y/N?"

I accepted, and we took lots of aesthetic pictures. Afterwards, we took a different approach. Noi wrapped his arms around my torso, leaning into my back and with his chin in the crook of my neck. His slim arms around my waist, squeezing slightly. My face a was s practically glowing red, like Rudolf's nose of some sort.

"Which one do you like the most?" I asked Noi, scrolling through my camera roll.

"The one where I hugged you! It looks so good!" He squealed in excitement. I blushed. I was so embarrassed I couldn't speak. He even asked me to print it so he could hang it on his wall in the pocket dimension. I was so dead. If Ava ever finds that picture, imma jump off a bridge.

-

WOOP WOOP 🙌🏻 ive finally updated 😂 I've just been a little busy with my studies cause I got an exam coming up lol but I'm fine I'll keep updating once or twice every week :3 I'm somewhat responsible heh

-
edit: 02.09.2021
word count: 662 words
this was a cute chapter