18 ✯ killing

❝Why do we kill people who are killing people to show that killing people is wrong?❞

Y/N's POV:

I couldn't comprehend was was exactly happening. Was this a dream of some sort? I felt fuzzy all over. The world was dark, yet I could see. A galaxy of stars dangled above me, so close that I might've been able to touch them if I stretched my arm a little bit further.

I was suspended in a vortex of shimmering stars, all brightly staring at me as I did them.

"Y/N, child." A voice called out.

I couldn't hear where it came from. Up or down, left or right. My perception of space had faded. The sound was all around me. I still couldn't see anyone. Just stars.

Then the stars started moving. They whizzed around in the void, sticking together, forming shapes.

As the dots moved, I began to notice an image forming. Was this some alien trying to communicate with me? I'd never seen anything like it.

A face appeared in the blackness, the many spots of light flickering. It was an elderly woman, her lips curved into a gentle grin. Surprisingly, it wasn't Mrs. Oats. I'm sure I'll see Mrs. Oats in my nightmares sometime soon.

The peculiar thing was that the face had a swirling horn protruding from the each side of her head.

She chuckled.

"Help us, Y/N." She said.

"You're the only one. The only one on this peculiar world, that can help us." She cried out.

"What exactly do you mean?" I asked.

"My dear, you are the only one with the ability and potential—"

And suddenly, the stars started buzzing around again, and soon faded into darkness. It felt as if someone had turned off the lights in a once bright room. I squeezed my eyelids shut. After a while, I finally opened my eyes again.

I saw my ceiling. The boys were sitting on some chairs at my bedside, and they all looked worried to death.

"Don't look at me like that, you idiots. I'm not dead yet." I mumbled.

"Y/N! You're awake!" Ava screamed.

"Sis, you think I died?" I questioned with a slight smirk.

"Girl, you look like you just fell straight into hell and crawled back out." She commented, chuckling.

"Y/N, you need to rest." Rhys said, looking concerned.

"I'm alright. Do I look like a mess though? Usually I look like crap after I get sick, and I don't trust Ava." I asked the boys, sticking my tongue out at Ava, to which she did the same back.

"Nope, you look adorable!" Noi said, smiling happily with that glowing grin of his, that could light up a galaxy.

My cheeks felt hot, and I sighed, giving him a pat on the shoulder. Soon, after a bit of talking, everyone started to walk out of my room, leaving me to rest. Not before Asch poked me in the arm though. He was a drama queen, after all.

At that point, only Pierce and Leif were left. Leif edged himself on the side of my bed and placed his palm against my forehead. He then pushed me from my sitting position so my back was against the soft comfort of my mattress.

"Get some sleep, princess. I was starting to get worried Pierce killed you before I could." He said, smirking before walking off.

I swear I will murder him if I get the chance. But Pierce was still sat on my spinning chair next to my desk, simply staring at me.

"Pierce, why did you..." I began, voice slightly trembling.

He looked away from my eyes. He was the one who put me to sleep in the first place, after I'd interrogated him regarding what he'd said. It was his fault, in all honesty.

"Did you actually..." I started again.

I couldn't bear to think it, much less say it.

"... kill somebody?" I choked out.

Innocent Pierce killing someone? It didn't seem likely. He isn't that kind of guy. I stared back at him. He looked really disturbed. His mouth opened just slightly, and his lips pursed. And then he finally answered.

"Yes." He whispered. The lightest hint of a whisper.

And I was shook. Shook as in shooketh shook. I felt some sort of emotion bubbling up in my throat and I couldn't get rid of it. I could feel the sweat beading on my forehead, and the tension in the room rising.

And suddenly, I recognized this emotion. It was fear. Pure, blazing fear. I was scared of what he could do, what he was, and what he could be.

He was the most innocent of the group. Maybe besides Noi, but still. He's already non-violent. When they had big weapons and threatened me multiple times, I hadn't thought that maybe they'd actually attack me.

I just thought they were teasing. Well, I was sort of threatened. But I didn't think they'd actually do that to other human beings. Or other daemos, maybe.

I'd heard them talk about evil forces on daemos. They thought they were being sneaky and silent about it but nO. They were whisper-shouting in the middle of the living room about some sort of crisis. Maybe it had something to do with that weird dream I had. With the lady and the horns. That sounds so wrong when you put it into context.

But nah, it was probably just a figment of my imagination. Mostly.

After I was given my answer, Pierce didn't look at me again. He simply got up and left the room, closing the door softly behind him. It was as if I could hear him telling me to calm down. And with that, I was left in silence.

-
GUYS WE'RE CURRENTLY AT 10K FOR THIS STORY!!!!! OMG ThaNks so much for all of y'alls support on this fanfic I've honestly never had this much views ever thank you thank you thank you! Shoutout to the people that read this story since I first uploaded it and it had only about 500 views and it wasn't all too good heh

@BloomingL
@Nightbird67
@Silent_Gothi
@Im_Envy
@pRiNcEsS_lYnNeA

Thanks to all of my other supporters old and new UwU I honestly love all of you guys!!
-
edit: 05.12.2021
word count: 1106 words
although it has been over a year that i have written this book, i still hold the same feelings as i did then. thank you to everyone who has supported me this far, and thank you to everyone who will continue to support me with my future and current works !!