21 ✯ butterflies

Butterflies can't see their wings. They can't see how truly beautiful they are, but everyone else can. People are like that too.❞

"So... what about that scene with Pierce, eh?" I smirked, crossing my arms over the countertop.

"Stop wiggling your eyebrows at me!" Ava said, sliding down.

"Whatever, I'm going back to take a nice bath. I'm not having this conversation with you, bae. Not today." She said, walking off to her room, probably to grab her clothes and get a nice bubble bath.

This life... It's like caring for a hyperactive child in a large household. Actually, 6 hyperactive children. It's horrible. I'm pretty much the only one who knows how to cook. Well, entire meals, anyway. Rhys does know the gist of how to cook soup. But I honestly wouldn't call that a meal in which you'd get a full belly.

Me, I'm always hungry. So, soup ain't gonna cut it, buddy. Soup ain't as good as my instant ramen. Yeah, I know it's such a shortcut. The boys think my instant ramen is like a magical food. Filled with whimsical, wonderful ingredients and my supposedly homemade touch. Nah. I mean, they just look like them giraffes from those skittles ads that gawk at the sight of rainbows sprouting out their butts.

"Y/N? Are you alright?"

I turned towards the sound, to see Rhys with his tousled hair and a pair of blue glasses perched on the bridge of his nose. It's like seeing a thousand puppies being adorable at the same time. I fell backward, and he immediately dashed to my side, sweeping his arm around me and holding me up like I was in a cliche movie.

My face was pressed against his chest. I was blushing madly, at that point. I'm lucky i was still squished against him so he couldn't see my redness.

But the guy decides to make my job even worse.

"Be careful," He said sweetly, his hand sliding down to rest on my waist.

I looked up at him, putting one of my hands on his chest.

OHMYGODHEHASABS—

I blushed even worse.

"Goodness Y/N. Are you getting sick?" He asked, gently touching his hand to my forehead.

I was still drooling over his abs. Which honestly wasn't helping. The embarrassment is over 9000.

I managed to mumble, "I'm okAy, I've probably just gotten some side effects from a recent cold or something."

"Oh, you're cold? You need me to help you stay warm?" He offered.

If I was an anime character, I'd nosebleed all over the kitchen. He's too innocent.

"I'm sure Asch's fire magic can help with that." He continued.

I mean... that makes more sense. But it's not like my brain can process that immediately. I was still confused and embarrassed. Why? Cause you were stupid enough to allow 5 hot strangers to stay at your apartment for an overextended sleepover, and all of them refused to return home, dummy. Well, whatever. I really should stop trying to convince myself everything's in chaos when it's honestly rather peaceful. I'm too chaotic for this world.

"Y/N?" Rhys asked.

"Oh, sorry." I replied.

"Yeah, you spaced out for a while." Rhys said.

"I'm aware of that." I stated matter-of-factly.

His grasp on me slightly loosened, and I felt my face heat up even more with the feeling of his arms on my sides. Butterflies. Too many butterflies.

"Uh Rhys, you can let me go now." I said to him.

He let his hands fall to his sides before apologizing.

"Sorry, Y/N. I was just worried about you, that's all." He said.

I smiled at him, before returning to my room. After I shut the door, I leaned against the sturdy frame. I mean... Rhys was way too sweet. He is also way too cute for me to even comprehend to handle. He's too caring, and too kind. To be honest, do I see him falling for me?

-
Yae this update is a day later than usual but it's alright cause I ain't dead. And thank you guys for 14 K!! Like howwwwww this story was literally 13.6 K yesterday and it's already 14.4 K like waHt oml 😂 thank you guys uwu
-
edit: 05.15.2021
word count: 713 words