4 ✯ mall

❝The mall is my life.❞ -Brandy Norwood

"This is a mall! A sacred place where humans come to buy items of all varieties, and is sorted into different categories and different sections, forming areas called shops!" I exclaimed.

The cool breeze of good air conditioning hit my face, and I couldn't help but smile. The familiar smell filled my senses to the brim, the blinding white of the walls comforting.

A good shopping mall was every girl's dream.

Speaking of every girl's dream, all the girls nearby were fawning over the daemos. I was having quite a hard time leading them through the crowds of women. It's a tough life.

And we were squinting out eyes as we dashed into H&N, trying to shield ourselves from the blinding flashes of random stranger's mobile phones. And I heard Ava suddenly scream. I turned.

And standing there, was Lorelai. Oh no.

Ava despised Lorelai since high school, and found her annoying. Lorelai has been trying to befriend Ava for the longest time. She's honestly a leaping bundle of joy. Like an overactive puppy.

Which is exactly what Ava hates.

It's like Ava's body and mindset was designed to counteract friendliness. How ironic. Ava, a girl who struggled to make friends during high school is now being chased by another girl who is begging for Ava to hang out with her.

I used to think Lorelai's acts of friendliness were moronic and overrated, but now I think it's just how she's always so happy. She makes new friends every day, and is overloaded with heaps of joy all the time. Must be hard.

She gasped, "Ava! Y/N! Nice to see you two!" She smiled sweetly.

"Ava, why didn't you pick up my call this morning? I was wondering if you wanted to go on a shopping spree!" Lorelai said.

"Um, I just wasn't feeling like it this morning."

"Hope you feel better now!"

"Yeah, sure..."

Then Asch asked, "Prisoner, what is the meaning of this?"

Lorelai squealed, "Hot guys?!?!?!"

Rhys looked confused. "Is she assuming all of us have control over the elements of fire? That's mostly Asch's speciality." He answered.

Ah, pure pure baby. Lorelai was jumping around in excitement. I was kind of scared she would combust...

"OHMAHGOD Ava do you know these guys?" She screeched, bouncing around.

Ava scratched her head, her face flushed with embarrassment. "Well, uh, they're my friends!" She answered, scratching the back of her head.

"Omg really? Eek! So cool!"

I laughed at Lorelai's antics. Sometimes she acted really crazy. Sometimes she was funny. And I really mean sometimes.

"Ava, you HAVE to introduce me to these hotties!!" Lorelai screeched happily.

Ava sighed. "I'll introduce you guys another time... by the way, Lorelai, would you want to help these guys pick out some clothes!" She proclaimed.

"Don't these guys have clothes?" Lorelai looked at me suspiciously.

"Well, the... plane they were on lost their luggage and their living at our place!" I lied, faking a smile to try covering up the fact that lie was obvious.

"Really?" Lorelai asked slowly.

An awkward smile spread onto my face.

"THATS SO COOL!" She yelled.

"Ssh!" The store clerk bursted out angrily.

Lorelai apologized for the noise provided and continued the conversation. She picked out different colored outfits for all the guys as we wandered through the store. Leif picked up a white beanie.

"What do you think this is?" He asked.

"Hmm, it looks like some form of net, maybe a magical capture or storage device..." Rhys analyzed as he examined the interesting new item.

"Do you think the humans catch small animals with them?" Leif said excitedly.

I snatched it out of his hands and put it back onto the shelf. It'd be cute to catch a small baby bunny with a beanie though.

"No, humans wear them as hats.

"What's a hat, Y/N?" Noi asked.

"It's a piece of headwear that humans put on as clothing, to ensure their own personal warmth and for the sake of fashion."

"What's... fashion?" Asch asked.

"That you look good." I replied.

"Then do I have fashion?" Pierce asked, scratching the top of his head as he gave me a blank look.

"Sure you do! In your own medieval kind of way." I said, grinning and giving him a thumbs up.

Pierce looked confused but kept silent.

"I'm done!" Lorelai said.

"Nice!" Ava exclaimed

"But this is H&N! The things here are above pricey..." Ava began.

"No, I picked these out from the section of cheaper clothes! I have a friend who works here!" Lorelai laughed.

I clapped in approval. "Nice, let's go pay for these." I said.

After we'd paid, Ava said goodbye to Lorelai and we were on our way.

"See? Lorelai isn't that bad."

"I just don't like the fact that she attempts to be extremely friendly to the point where it's uncomfortable for me. It's kinda rude." She sighed.

"I feel ya, gurl." I laughed.

"Lorelai is just trying to make you happier. But she doesn't know it's uncomfortable. You could just tell her, you know."

"Eh, she wouldn't understand."

"Maybe she would."

"You already said it's a maybe."

I laughed.

"Quit screaming, prisoners."

"It's called squealing, Asch. Get a life!" Ava says and sticks out her tongue.

"Want me to burn that off?" Asch says and raises his hands near her face.

"Ahh get off me!" She screams and runs towards the apartment.

I chuckled. The boys would be the end of us. They would probably be the end of the population of single women. That's what anime did to me, anyway.

Word count: 952 (aka the longest chapter yet OwO)

Your gurl has somehow managed to write 2 chapters in the span of 24 hours! OwO ACCOMPLISHMENT! 😂 I'm just hyper cause I have 258 reads on this thing like I'm hyperventilating! My other stories only got like 190 reads at most! I'm so happy y'all support author-chan in her journey to Wattpad stardom! Jk stardom ain't my thing I just want reads and people to feel that I'm an interesting specimen :3 Hang in there for the next update on Sunday! -w-

-
edit: 02.06.2021
word count: 1045 words
i'm looking at this and cringing.