Chapter 5 - The Animal

Soon after arriving at the top of the hill the two found a bench and sat down. Grey looked at the city lights while Cameron now and again snuck glances at her amazed.

"Eh, what time is it?" Grey asked catching him looking at her. Flustered Cam looked down at his phone checking the time.

"7:42 a little late but not as late as usual why?" Cam asked confused.

"Cause Matt was helping me move my stuff into his apartment. We're supposed to have it down by Saturday which happens to be in about 6 hours." Grey dusted the dirt off her black pants."Oh are you two..dating? You don't have to answer it was just I was shoc-"

 "No trust me we're not dating. We thought it'd be cheaper if we each paid half of the rent and we're best friends." She smiled after interrupting him noticing some jealousy.

"Oh okay yeah, that does make sense. I live alone it can sometimes be lonely but that's usually when I call Eric or Mason." He smiled as well. 

Another hour went by some small talk and silent filled the air. The sky was covered in stars. Grey stood up looking at Cam her nose red as well as the tips of her ears and fingers.

"I think we'd better get going." Her teeth chatted softly. 

It was winter in Melbourne which made it cold as hell. 

"Okay yeah, you look freezing here." Cam shrugged off his jacket wrapping it around her. 

She smiled as he zipped it and started walking down the mountain.

"Are you sure you don't need it? It's a half-hour walk down." She felt her body temperature raise feeling better.

"I'll be fine don't worry." He smiled wrapping an arm around her for more heat.

She blushed than stopped hearing a low growl come from in front of them. Grey saw a small wild dog hunched low growling at the two.

"Stay calm and walk slowly if it runs run down the hill alright?" Cam said cautiously looking at Grey when she nodded. 

The two continued to walk forward but more slowly. The dog jumped at Grey and she yelped a bit standing closer to Cam. The dog snarled louder as the two approached it. The jumped at Grey again causing her to fall down skinning her palms, cheek, and knees on the gravelly path. 

This time Cam helped her up and got a stick swinging at the animal. It yelped and whimpered running off. Grey was looking down at her hands embarrassed seeing a bit of blood from the cuts.

"Are you alright? Come on you need first aid." Cam picked up Grey putting her on his back and walked down the mountain with ease.

Boom double upload XD sorry just proud it'll get better I promise.