Chapter Nine: Just Shut Up

Picture : you can guess 😔

I freeze, my eyes widening in horror as he keeps looking at me with a growing smile.

"How could you -"

"How could I tell? I smelled your wolf, darling. Oh, it was very faint, but the disgusting smell of werewolves is something I never fail to recognize."

I don't even waste time pretending I don't know what he is talking about. I'm getting tired of this game, to be honest. If it all ends up here and now, then be it. I knew from the beginning that in the end I would be unmasked. I am living in an island controlled by vampires, who are supposed to be highly perceptive creatures. It was only a matter of time before one of them found out.

If I am being honest with myself, maybe the reason I came here is precisely because I no longer wanted to live my life the way I have been doing for years. I wanted to end it all, one way or the other. It was getting too lonely, living the way I did.

Well, I guess it will be the violent way.

What about Malik? Even after I die, I know he will never forgive me. In a few minutes, there will be one more person I really like to add on the list of the persons I disappointed and who hate me to the core.

"What are those depressed vibes I am receiving from you?" the asshole whose presence I almost forgot suddenly asks with narrowed eyes.

"Can you please have the decency to not interrupt my inner pity party? Thank you very much" I snap, before trying to walk away but needless to say he doesn't let me - what is it with vampires and good manners?

"Who gave you the right to walk away from me?" he has the audacity to growl. I just sigh, looking down at him with a bored expression that doesn't lighten his mood in the slightest.

"Well, listen, little bloodsucker. First, I technically didn't walk away from you since your rude ass prevented me to do so. Second, I just wanted to save you the effort of telling Malik that he has a disgusting wolf under his roof. I prefer to be the one doing the outing, I am sure you can figure why.

"What are you s-"

"What I am saying," I reply, taking a great pleasure at interrupting him, " is that what you have in front of you is a very proud doggie, although said doggie might have been ashamed of himself until a few minutes ago. I am going to tell everyone and I mean everyone about who I really am. After all, thanks to J.K Rowling I know that nobody should be forced to live in a closet and -"

"You don't have to tell anyone, sleepy boy"

"And I - what?"

Even in such a dramatic time, the bastard dares making fun of me. Or maybe I just didn't hear him properly, only hearing what I wanted to hear.

"Listen, bloodsucker, if this is a joke..."

" It isn't " he cuts me, staring to look exasperated again. "And next time you call me bloodsucker, I will show you how good I am at sucking blood. Also, I don't plan on telling Malik, nor anyone else for that matter"

"Brillant!" I exclaimed. "You're now officially my favorite bloodsucker. I guess I will just out myself another day, then ! Have a lovely evening". I make a move to leave but of course I am once again brought closer to him.

I knew from the beginning that he was lying and only pretending to be decent.

"Doesn't mean that I don't want anything in return, sleepy boy"

"Of course not. And what might you want? Do tell. Chocolate ? Flowers? A long and nice pink dildo ?"

He doesn't bother replying to my teasing, instead preferring the silent option as his fingers start grazing lightly against my neck. He presses his lips against my lips and I shiver in disgust because although he looks too handsome for this world, I know he's all rotten on the inside.