Chapter Ten: Not A Monster

Picture: Back at Kyle's, Nate's & Darren's place 🤗

KYLE'S POV

Loneliness.

Danger.

Crushed hopes.

Pain. Pain. Pain.

I wake up with a start, unable to contain a small whimper of distress as I quickly turn my head right and left to check on my mates.

Thankfully, they're still asleep. I don't feel like telling them about my nightmare in the middle or the night, or never, to be honest. They would be upset if they could read my mind right now, especially since I kinda promised them not to hide any important things from them again.

However, being open and honest doesn't mean that I have to tell them every single thing that crosses my mind. I never got this idea that you should tell your loved one everything. I have always been quite a secretive person, and I won't radically change just because I am now happily mates to two great werewolves.

Plus, they do need to rest, especially Darren, who has been working hard at training the teen wolves for the last few weeks. Knowing how difficult teenagers can be, I don't think that it's just a figure of speech when he says he's so tired he often dreams that he's sleeping.

No, really, what would be the point of waking them up and start whining ? There isn't much that they could do, even if they did accept to listen about my dream until the end - as this is not like Alex is their favorite person on earth. Then, they would just been in a bad mood knowing that my former best friend is still alive, and I do enjoy living in a peaceful household.

I snuggle a bit closer, slowly taking in the fact that they both have their hands on my ass - one ass cheek each.

Cheeky bastards. Way to remind me that I am always on the receiving end.

Since we found out that I was pregnant, they're getting even more touchy than usual and that says something. My ass never felt so much love. Apparently, it got bigger and bigger and they like it.

At least, my belly hasn't really changed in size and shape yet, since it has only been a few months. I will sleep on my belly for as long as o can, even if it means having those perverts fondling my butt at night. I could never sleep on my back.

They're not stupid, though. At some point they'll find out that I have had troubles sleeping.

I don't really want to sleep now, knowing that I will probably see Alex again in a nightmare.

Actually, was it really a nightmare?

It sounded way too real. The vampire biting him and feeding from him like he is a vulgar piece of meat. His pain at having the other vampire, who is even more handsome, fucking a twink. I think he's in love with him.

His fear of the truth being unveiled.

It has to be a nightmare. I have never heard about an island being entirely run by vampires. Even if it did exist, why on Earth would have Alex wanted to come here ? That would be the worst decision possible, even more so for a werewolf, and the Alex I remember is far from stupid.

He isn't stupid, but maybe he has a death wish, my wolf whispers, making me frown.

Why are you showing me all this ? And don't even try to deny it, I know it's your doing! You want me to go find Alex.

So, you do believe that it isn't a nightmare, even if you try to convince yourself of the opposite, he points out, making me freeze before replying begrudgingly: