Chapter 5 - Night time Masochism

Aqua: "(Y/N)! Kazuma! You're back! Here's something you should be happy about, tonight's dinner is going to be splendid! It's crab! Darkness's folks sent someone over, saying that if Darkness was going to stay here from now on, they should send a gift, and that's the the super extravagant Crimson Crab! And a magnificent top-class wine, too! They wanted to thank us for taking care of their daughter!"

Back at the mansion, Aqua greeted both of us with a big smile.

I suppose even rich people eat crab here as well. Or was that something else?

Kazuma: "That's great! I don't have to cook, do I?"

Aqua: "Nope! Darkness is cooking it. Someone of your level would just mess it up."

Oof.

Megumin: "Uahhhh...In an impoverished career as adventurers, I never thought there would be a day I would see Crimson Crab...! I'm glad I joined this party..."

Megumin had tears in her eyes. Seems like this is the crab OF crabs...

Kazuma: "So, if I told you that you can have the crab, but never use Explosion for a whole week, would you do it?"

Explosion magic? Sounds impressive. Why did Kazuma say that this party is useless?

Megumin: "Hah! But of course! I would even do it if it were for three weeks!"

As Megumin and Kazuma were chatting, Darkness placed the cooked crabs onto the dinning table. Aqua cheerfully brought over five wine glasses. After everyone was seated, we proceeded to prepare the crabs for consumption.

We snapped the crabs legs, took out the meat with white and pink stripes, dipped a bit of vinegar, and put it in our mouths.

"!!!"

I've never had crab before...But this is absolutely amazing! The slightly sweet taste and savoury texture is spreading throughout my mouth!

I wasn't sure, but I think all of us were too busy eating the crabs to make any conversation. Until about the first couple of crabs, Aqua suddenly tapped my shoulder.

Aqua: "(Y/N)! (Y/N)!"

"yes i'm (y/n)"

Aqua: "Use Tinder here! I'll show you the most delicious way of drinking this top class-wine!"

Aqua, who had three fillings of crab, put charcoal in a small pot. Following what Aqua said, I lit the charcoal on fire. Aqua placed a shell that still had a bit of paste in it onto the wire mesh. She then poured wine into the shell.

Aqua happily roasted the shell, picking it up when it was slightly charred and sipped the warm wine.

Aqua: "Fuuu~..."

Honestly, this was tempting me to actually try some. No, I have a rule, and I can't get drunk either! I just need to shake it off.

Megumin: "Darkness! I want some too! It's fine, just for today! Please, I want to drink some wine!"

"H-Hey! What about waiting with me?!"

Megumin: "I-I can't help it! Aqua made it look so good! Besides, you had the same thought too, didn't you?!"

"...N-No comment"

Darkness: "You can't, they say that those who start to drink when they're young will grow up and become useless adults."

When Darkness said that, we all looked over to Aqua silently.

Aqua: "...? Why are you looking at me?"