Chapter 27 - Disappearance

I was sitting on the roof with (BF/N), staring at the starry night sky. We were both in a very depressy mood.

"Yeah. But don't worry! I'll always be here to protect you!"

(BF/N) chuckled a bit.

(BF/N): "Yeah. And I'll never leave you. You're my best friend, after all!"
.
.
.
I jolt awake from my sleep as I hear glass shatter. It was faint, and I barely heard it.

Must've been from the dream.

I wave it off and fall back asleep.
.
.
.
.
I slowly arise from my sleep, scratching the side of my head and rubbing my eyes. Standing up from my bed, I stumble a bit, legs still being asleep. I regain control and waltz out of my room. It's 11:28 in the morning.

I make my way downstairs to find no one around. I go into the kitchen to make myself some breakfast. I pour some milk and cereal into a bowl. I accidentally poured milk first which pissed me off, but I kept going anyway.

I walk into the living room and place my bowl on the table. It was a little chilly on this fine, snowy morning, so I get the fireplace going. I sit on the couch closest to the fire and eat my cereal. I rest my feet upon the cool table and relax.

I feel like today's going to be a great day!

I finish my cereal and I place the bowl on the table and rest back into the couch, hands behind my head, as I fill myself with serenity. The peace is shortly ended as the door to the mansion opens up, as laughter is heard, revealing Kazuma, Aqua, Megumin, Darkness and YunYun.

"Oh. Good morning guys! Where were you?"

Kazuma: "Good morning. We were just at the guild having breakfast."

"I see. How come you guys didn't wake (BF/N) and I up?"

Darkness: "Well you two were up late last night, so we decided to let you get some sleep."

Megumin suddenly runs up to me and jumps on the couch next to me, hugging my arm.

Megumin: "Good morning, (Y/N)!"

She smiled brightly at my presence.

"Good morning. You're in a good mood."

She giggles as she rests her head on my shoulder. The others join us in the living room.

"Wanna go on an adventure today?"

Aqua: "Sure! I'd like to make more money."

Kazuma: "Why not? I'd like to try out my new bow and some skills I have for it."

"Whaaat?! I want a bow!"

Kazuma: "You have a sword that shoots projectiles and a katana that can shoot lightning shots. Isn't that enough for you?"

"...Fair enough."

We all share a laugh. I sigh, satisfied.

Darkness: "What's up with you?"

"Nothin. I just feel like today's gonna be a great day!"

YunYun nodded her head twice.

YunYun: "I agree! I don't know why, but I think so too!"

I stand up, as Megumin lets go off my arm.

"Well what're we waiting for?"

Megumin: "(BF/N), I suppose."

"Right. I'll go wake him up."

I head upstairs and hold my ear up to the door. He's snoring loudly.