Chapter 31 - Invitation to the City of Water and Hot Springs

Megumin was standing in the door frame of the entrance to the living room, accompanied by YunYun. Megumin looks on in horror at the sight, I'm in a dressing gown as Aqua is pouring me some hot tea.

Aqua: "I've made some of the finest quality tea, (Y/N)."

I reach for the cup, carefully picking it up.

"Quite."

I take a sip of it and smile brightly at Aqua.

"This is hot water."

Aqua: "Oh, how careless of me."

"Could it perhaps be that you purified the tea?"

Aqua: "I'm ever so sorry, (Y/N)."

"We simply need to remake the tea. Thank you, Aqua. I'll finish this as it is."

I take another sip.

"Yes, it's hot water!"

Megumin holds her cheeks as she shakes.

Megumin: "You're freaking me out!"

Megumin stood in front of me as I was sitting on a couch, with one leg over the other.

Megumin: "I'm sorry for what I did yesterday!"

She then bowed.

Megumin: "So please, turn back to normal, (Y/N)!"

"Yesterday?"

~<Flashback>~

"What exactly are you calling the holy sword Excalibur?!"

~<Flashback End>~

"Oh, that matter. The wealthy don't have time for such quibbles. That aside, would you care to join us for tea, Megumin, YunYun? We've happened upon some fine tea leaves."

Tears welled up in Megumin's eyes as she started to repeated bow.

Megumin: "I'm so sorry! So please, turn back to normal! You're being really creepy right now!"

YunYun: "O-Oh...I'll pass, thanks..."

"I have no idea what you mean, Megumin. I'm acting the same way I always do."

Aqua leaned over the couch, next to me.

Aqua: "The finest quality tea is ready once again, (Y/N)."

She then blew into my ear, earning a small and satisfied moan. Aqua gives me the tea as I take a sip.

"This is also hot water."

I give her a small chuckle.

"You must have purified it again."

Aqua lightly hit the top of her head.

Aqua: "Oh, my. How careless of me!"

"No matter. It simply needs to be remade again. Thank you, Aqua. I'll finish this as it is."

Behind us, Darkness was waving Megumin to approach her. Once she did, Darkness began to explain why Aqua and I were acting the way we are;

Darkness: "What happened was..."

~<Flashback>~

"That little loli brat! When she gets back, I'll skin her alive! I swear! I swear I will! I'll put her through something that'll even make someone as tough as her squirm and cry for forgiveness!"

Darkness had a blush on her face.

Darkness: "R-Really? And what exactly is this thing that will make even Megumin cry for mercy?!"