Chapter 32 - Sightseeing in this Pitiful City

The Hawk Kites were about to run into Darkness.

Darkness: "Oh, boy! Here they come, here they come! K-Kazuma, this time...this time I'm surely done for! Oh, they're gonna ram me!"

One was about to smash into Darkness, but at the last second, it jumped over her gracefully. It landed as the others one ran and jumped over her. They ran past us and past the wagons.

Darkness: "(Y/N)! Do you suppose this counts as a type of teasing? This sensation of almost being struck is quite something! Unbelievable. Males in heat are leaping over me, one after another!"

"Stop it! There are people watching! Not another word from you!"

Aqua: "Blessing!"

Aqua had used her spell on us.

Darkness: "Oh, don't bother with me!"

She continued to enjoy being 'teased' by the Hawk Kites in her trapped by rope state.

Kazuma: "We shouldn't need to worry about Darkness now."

Aqua: "All thanks to my Blessing!"

Kazuma: "Yeah, yeah. When we're done here, you can have my seat."

Aqua: "Yes!"

The guards then began to use elemental spells to fight back the Hawk Kites.

Adventurer 2: "Lightning!"

Copy cat.

Adventurer 3: "Blade of Wind!"

(BF/N) could do that.

Adventurer 1: "Fireball!"

(BF/N) could do that.

Their attacks hit some of the Hawk Kites as they dropped dead. One of the Hawk Kites corpses got launched and hit one of the guards, slamming him into the ground. The other remaining Hawk Kites rushed past the wagons and did a U-Turn coming straight back at the wagon Wiz and Abstract were on.

"They're still coming?!"

Darkness: "Alright!"

Kazuma looked at Darkness with a disappointed face before he thought of something. Kazuma ran back over to the wagon to ask the Driver a question.

Kazuma: "Pops, are there any cliffs around here?!"

Driver: "Nothing of the sort! Closest thing is a cave we use for shelter from the heat!"

Kazuma: "A cave? That works! Take us there!"

Kazuma turned and ran back towards us, past us.

Kazuma: "Megumin, Aqua, (Y/N)! Get in the wagon!"

Megumin and Aqua ran off to the wagon as I watched Kazuma attempt to pick up Darkness.

Kazuma: "Come on, Darkness—"

Kazuma's legs than began to shake.

Kazuma: "So heavy...Can't lift..."

Darkness: "Don't say I'm heavy! You have to specify my armour is too heavy! Just tie me to the wagon—"

"Give her here, Kazuma."

Kazuma gave up and dropped Darkness on the ground. I place my hand on his shoulder.

"You did great."

Kazuma: "Oh shut up."

With ease, I pick up Darkness and sling her over my shoulder.