Chapter 52 - Hardship

Our swords clashed. The others went to strike him but he used his weight to push himself up into the air from my sword making me stumble a bit. Kazuma swung his sword with Darkness, YunYun and Elektra casted spells but he was dodging them as if they were nothing.

I dash at him as swiftly as I could. I thrust my katana forward and pierce his hand. He looks to me with bloodlust.

(BF/N): "Hoooh..You're fast~!"

He kicks me in the face sending me flying away, almost off the mountain. He pulls Squedobop out of his hand and shatters the blade with his hand.

"No!"

The katana that he named. The katana that I wielded in his honour, was broken by him. I grunt and unsheathe the sword.

Megumin: "I-Is there anything I can do?!"

I look at her and up at the sky.

"Yeah! Begin chanting an explosion in the sky!"

Megumin: "Very well!"

"Aqua! Give me a speed buff!"

She nods and holds her palms out towards me. Shortly after, a blue hue surrounded my body. I dash at (BF/N) with incredible speed. We clash swords as Elektra fires a Bolt at him and strikes him in the back.

It doesn't phase him as he sends magma over to Elektra but she dodges it. The distraction gives me enough time to bash (BF/N) in the side of the face. He flys across the ground and quickly recovers.

Kazuma attempts to slash his ankles but he jumps into the air and stomps on Kazuma's head sending him to the ground.

Megumin: "(Y/N)! It's ready!"

I nod. I rush at (BF/N) and grab him, quickly throwing him into the air and kicking him further up.

"NOW!!!"

Megumin unleashes her explosion. With her newly upgraded explosion, it should deal a lot more damage. The explosions engulfs (BF/N). We watch in silence, being completely on guard. Megumin had also fallen to the ground.

Darkness: "Did that...do it?"

"I would doubt it."

The explosion and smoke subside, showing (BF/N) had disappeared.

Kazuma: "W-Where'd he go?!"

"Be on guard!"

We scan our surroundings. I try to quiet my breaths to enhance my hearing. I hear a quite boom in the distance and in a split second, (BF/N) flys towards me with a devilish smile on his face. He grabs me by the face and pushes me down. As he does, my vision becomes dark.

Well, not that my vision became dark, but everything but myself has become black. I continue to stay on guard and stand back up.

This has to be an illusion.

(BF/N) appears in front of me, at least 15 meters away. He looks at me with an innocent face.

(BF/N): "Remember what you did?"

A screen appears showing (BF/N)'s death in Abstract's dimension.

(BF/N): "This was all your fault."

He gains and evil smile. I stare at him with a deadpanned expression. I continue to watch the video, but this time it was different. Instead of Abstract's weapon coming to impale him, it was my weapon.

He's expecting to get a reaction out of me. His smile sends shivers down my spine but I try to not show it. He begins approaching me.

(BF/N): "But alas, my time in my previous life was ended by you. I was enjoying life y'know! I'm really pissed off with you!"