Chapter 38 - Date

(A/N: "Honestly, chapters from here-on-out until the movie are just kind of random half-assed chapters. Cause the chapters after this one and the next one is when I kind of lost motivation. On Chapter 42, I might go on a little hiatus until the movie comes out. I'm not too sure yet. I haven't had much motivation lately. Sorry, guys.")

I was sitting on my bed, grooming my tails which got a little ruffled in the fight. It does kinda get annoying to do this every now and then but it feels nice to do it. A knock was heard at my door.

"Come in."

The door opened, revealing Darkness.

Darkness: "Hi (Y/N). What are you doing?"

"Just grooming my tails since they got ruffled in the fight last night. Is there anything I can help you with?"

Darkness quietly shuts the door and sits next to me on the bed. She leans on my shoulder as I continue to groom my tails.

Darkness: "...Why do you always risk your life?"

"Its not like I wanted to. I didn't have a choice, really. The bird was going to kill the Chieftain and even the rest of the town if I didn't use Berserk."

Darkness: "I don't mean in just that fight. In most major fights, it always ends up with you being in life-endangerment."

I remain quiet for a moment, not really knowing how to answer.

"I don't really know how to answer that. I suppose it might be because I don't want you and the others to get hurt."

Darkness: "But you are hurting us, emotionally."

I remain quiet.

Darkness: "You've died three times, almost died twice and ran away once. Our hearts can't take it, (Y/N)..."

I stop grooming and look down.

"Y-You're right..."

I turn to Darkness and pull her into a hug as I rest my head on her shoulder as she does the same to me.

"I promise, from here on out. I won't constantly risk my life and be so reckless."

Darkness: "...Thank you."

She gripped onto the back of my shirt tighter. I let go of the hug and stand up. I pat her head as she looks up at me, innocently.

"It's not like I mean to hurt you guys, y'know that?"

Darkness: "I do."

"I love each and every one of you and I have no intention of harming you. Please keep that in mind whenever I do something rash. Now come on, I gotta go train Elektra."

She smiles, nodding. We both walk out of the room as I shut the door. Darkness turns to her room as I knock on Elektra's door.

Elektra: "Who is it?"

"(Y/N). You ready to train?"

I heard Elektra rush to the door and she opens it quickly.

Elektra: "YES!"

"Righty aighty, let's head outside."

We walk outside and past the lawn.

Elektra: "How far are we going?"

"Not far. We'll stick within the plains since our house is surrounded by empty grass plains so we have a lot of room."

Elektra: "Alright!"

We stand far from the house, facing each other.

"Okay, first of all. Are you able to control your lightning at all?"