Chapter 51 - The Rising Storm

Yeah. The way this turned out was probably my fault. Got too careless in the past I suppose. Oh, this is out of context. Let's start from the start of this, yeah? Let's start from the beginning of the end.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"Y-You're positive...?"

She nodded her head. I hold up my hand to my head and sigh.

"I had a feeling it was. But I didn't want to believe it. Do you know when he'll be striking next?"

Astrape: "I do not. But, while you guys are still here, try to enjoy the vacation."

Kazuma: "How can we though? We're gonna have to be on guard all the time."

Astrape: "Oh I've got you covered there. I'll be watching over you all and will alert you at any sign of activity of him."

I look down at the ground with mixed feelings.

Astrape: "(Y/N)."

I look up at her.

Astrape: "When the time comes, you'll need to make a choice."

"Yeah. I know."

Astrape stood up from the chair.

Astrape: "Well, that's all from me today. Good day."

Astrape teleported away.

Miyuki: "...What do we do?"

Everyone looked at me but Kazuma spoke up.

Kazuma: "Well, we have no clue where he is or when he'll strike, so like she said, we should just try and enjoy the last day of our vacation, as hard as that may be."

I chuckle.

"Seriously, we never get a break."

Elektra: "Well you signed up for this when you became an adventurer."

"Yeah but not to this extent."

Aqua: "This is seriously messed up."

Darkness: "Shall we try going out and taking our mind off this?"

YunYun: "It'd probably be for the best."

Kazuma: "Remember everyone, we're leaving at dusk."

We all nodded and left the house. Megumin slowed down to me since I was lagging behind the group a bit.

Megumin: "...You okay?"

"I-I don't know. It's a lot to take in really."

Megumin: "It is. For all of us."

I nod and we walk in silence. As I walk, lost in thought, I feel a touch at my hand. I look down to see Megumin hesitantly reaching for it. I smile and interlock my hand with hers. A red hue appears on her face but she says nothing.

~<Timeskip>~

We spent the day running around the town and shopping. Not long before we leave, we decided to hit the hot-springs one last time. Even though we had smiles on our faces, no one was happy about this situation.

"What do we do Kazuma?"

Kazuma: "You're asking me that?"

Kazuma and I weren't too far apart in the empty hot-spring.

"I dunno. I'm just lost..."

Kazuma: "Yeah. I think we all are."

After a bit of sitting in silence, we left the hot-spring and regrouped with everyone at the house. We packed our things and made our way to the pickup point.