Chapter 36 - Lightning World

"CAN THE WEATHER JUST MAKE UP IT'S MIND?! HOLY SHIT!"

Kazuma: "Calm down, will you?"

Only yesterday it was snowing a bit, and now today, it's blistering hot.

"Two days ago, when we went on the lake quest, the weather was fine. Yesterday it was snowing, and now today is blistering hot!"

Megumin: "It's just that time of year."

"WHAT TIME OF YEAR?!"

I was standing at the window in the living room, my party accompanied behind me.

"We need a swimming pool."

YunYun: "We could. But the backyard is tiny. I'm not even sure if it could be considered a backyard."

"We could have it in the front yard then, opposite to the gravestones. The front yard is fairly large so we'd have a lot of room."

I think of using my Barrier to dig out the ground. I found out that it can get rid of materials just by touching it.

~<Flashback>~

I was sitting on my bed in my room, bored. I decide to set up my Barrier in front of my door and control it. I push it forward to the door and instead of it stopping against it, it goes through the wall, breaking it.

Kazuma: "WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?!"

"AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH?????!!!!!!"

~<Flashback End>~

"I could probably use Barrier to create the hole in the ground in shape of a pool, the only hard bit would be the construction bit. And I have no experience with construction with things."

Aqua: "Construction? Kazuma and I, before we met the others, worked in construction to build up some money, so we can teach you guys that bit."

"Convenient. Do we have materials to make the pool though?"

Darkness: "Yes, in a closet we have materials for such a thing."

"Oh cool. So shall we start?!"

All: "Alright!"

~<Timeskip>~

With the help of magic, we completed the pool in only a couple hours. Aqua filled the pool with water, completing our work. All of us were hot and bothered, due to construction work and the heat of the day. I wipe the sweat from my forehead with the back of my hand.

"Phew! That was exhausting. Now that it's done, let's swim!"

I take off my boots and untie my shirt that's tied around my waist. I put on swimming trunks earlier seeing as how I planned to swim as soon as we were done. We built a small deck around the pool to keep the water that might fly out of the water, hit the deck and not the ground. We wouldn't want mud around the pool.

I step onto the deck and dive into the pool, headfirst. The water was nice and cool, relaxing as well. I swim around in the water for a bit and rise for the surface. I rise and squint, trying to keep water from getting into my eyes. I see a shadow loom over me as I'm suddenly forced back down into the water, someone landing on me.

I arise again, opening my eyes to see Darkness holding onto my shoulders.

Darkness: "Oh my gosh! Are you okay?!"

"Haha! Yeah, I'm fine!"

M, Y: "Banzai!"

I look behind Darkness to see Megumin and YunYun jump into the water together. I also see Kazuma standing in the shallow end, accompanied by Aqua who's sitting on the steps in the water. I look back to Darkness who goes underwater, grabbing my hand and pulling me under with her. I open my eyes and see that she also has hers open.