Chapter 30 - A Dream and Tails

The loss of someone close to them. That's something someone would never want. I can't blame them. Especially if you feel as if it was your fault for their death. Despite others telling me otherwise, I still can't help but feel (BF/N)'s death was my responsibility.

We could never find his body. I even went into Abstract's dimension and she helped me search for him. We ended up having to make a grave without a body. The tombstone sits just outside, in the front lawn under a tree to the left when leaving the mansion.

We've had a couple adventurers drop by to give us their condolences. I tried to go on solo adventures to get things off my mind, but nothings changing. I still feel defeated, crushed. I'm not sure if there is anything to fill the hole in my soul. Heh.

All of my friends, Kazuma, Aqua, Megumin, Darkness, YunYun, Miyuki, Wiz, Vanir and even Abstract, tried to cheer me up. Nothing has worked and I don't think anything can. My best friend, who I've known for six years, murdered right in front of me.

I fear to sleep. Every time I do, I have the same nightmare of (BF/N) being murdered over and over again. Seeing it again isn't helping my mental health. I feel like there's no helping me. I can even tell that my friends are running out of ideas on what to do.

Kazuma suggested the idea of killing Abstract until she's fully dead, in hopes that it'll cheer me up, avenging (BF/N). Even Abstract said she'd be happy to do that for me. I haven't been in the mood to do barely anything. I've been neglecting food and drink, even my friends.

I feel really sleepy, seeing as how I haven't slept for three days. I don't want to sleep. I hate it. The others keep pestering me to sleep. I just want...to be left...alone...

I drift off to sleep. It's the same as before. The window shatters as the katana smashes through it. But...it's different this time. Before the katana could penetrate (BF/N)'s skin, everything disappears. I look around, uninterested.

(BF/N) appears in front of me, sitting on a chair with his legs crossed.

(BF/N): "Yo."

I stare at him, not saying anything.

(BF/N): "Wow. That's all you got to say after I appear before you after *BZZT*?"

Why'd that glitch?

"I-I—"

(BF/N): "Bah! I'm joking! This is actually a recording. I was able to record one last message for you before— *BZZT* -so thats cool."

Again?

(BF/N): "I can't be sure. But knowing you, you're spiralling into a depression or something. Maybe you could also be blaming yourself for— *BZZT*. Please don't. It's not your fault and never was."

Tears begin welling up.

(BF/N): "I also can't be sure but if you're neglecting your friends, don't. You might want to be left alone, but that won't help. Please try to accept your friends help, they're only trying to help you. They all care a lot for you, let them help."

Tears begin falling down my cheeks.

(BF/N): "Just...try and focus on the future. I'm not telling you to forget me or anything, but to just not drag others down. I know this is the first time you've lost someone as close as we are, I've been there. Get the others to help, just like you did for me."

I fall to my knees.

(BF/N): "We all care a lot about you! Now go on! Get out there! Show the world who's boss!"

I stand up and begin running towards him.

(BF/N): "Looks like my times up. Peace out, best friend!"