Ch:21

Monday

Jahseh POV//

Dani and I made it to school, we haven't said a word to one another since last night. To be honest, I just don't know what to say to her, considering my Ex is trying to kill her.

Do I know that for sure? No, but do I have a strong feeling in my gut that it's her? Yes. I feel so bad that I had to put her throw this, she's my best-friend and she's my everything, and I'd be damned if that bitch comes in between us to break us apart.

Without Dani I don't know what I would be, I don't know where I'd be. Probably back still doing the old shit I used to do.

" jahseh"

I heard which took me out of my own thoughts, I looked towards Dani. " yeah?" I asked. " what's wrong? You've haven't said a word to me every since we woke up this morning, and I'm not going to let this continue" she said as we stopped in the hallway were nobody was. " nothing baby" I said trying to change the subject. " no jah, I'm not going to let you walk away without telling me what's wrong, I'm not no bitch I will bother the fuck out of you until you tell me what the fuck is wrong with you even if it means making you mad" she said as she folded her arms together.

" you won't let this go huh?" I asked, " no nigga" she said. " alright fine, look I don't know what to say to you because of yesterday, literally there is this foggy ass air around us every since yesterday and I don't like it. What am I supposed to say to you after you got pistol whipped and robbed by my Ex? Huh? What am I supposed to do?" I said as I felt anger get the best of me.

" jahseh fucking chill dude, yeah I got fucking pistol whipped and robbed but that's all over now. Am I still alive? Yes, should I be at school? No, but I am. You can't let this foggy air get the best of you to the point you stop talking to me. Literally you haven't said a word to me ever since we woke up. Yeah it's hard but you can't get mad at this, you don't even know if it was her or not." She said, " okay so what if it isn't her, YOU still got pistol whipped and YOU still got robbed nigga, how are you so calm about this? Why are we even at school dani? Literally you are an open target right now because we don't have 1st or 3rd period together. What if something happens to you again, I am not there to protect you, I wasn't even there to protect you yesterday" I said now getting angry and sad.

" this is what I don't like, you thinking something is going to happen when I'm not even in 1st period right now or 3rd, stop with the what if questions and think about the present, the now, thinking about the what if's will make you upset and sad like it is now. Yes you weren't there to protect me, but jah you aren't going to be there all the time to do so, you are going to want to do things with your friends and I'm going to want to do things with my family yesterday was a prime example of that, and that's just how life goes. You are going to have to understand that baby" she said as she grabbed my hand.

Her touch calmed me down a little. " why are you so calm about it?" I asked softly. " because if I'm not, I'll be a mess, I would start freaking out and one of us has to be the calm one" she said. I sighed, I had the sudden urge to cry.

" baby, look at me" she said, I rose my head to look at her. " promise me you will not overthink and promise me you won't have negative what if question?" She said, just then i let a tear roll down my face. " baby, don't cry" she said as she engulfed me into a hug.

" I'm scared baby, I don't want to lose you. I've never been scared to lose anyone before but now I feel like I'm useless in this situation" I said as I hugged her back. " you aren't useless, you are keeping me safe as best as you can, and sooner or later that person who did this will be caught and put into jail" she said into my shoulder.

" I'm sorry" I said to her, " don't be baby, look at me" she said, I look at her again and she kissed my lips. I kissed back before she pulled away. " don't ever tell yourself your useless, don't ever think that you are going to lose me, and better yet always remember you are jahseh Onfory, the man who's been throw purgatory and back, the one who's looking at a future because his girl will be his number 1 support" she said as she smiled.

I smiled as she whipped away the few tears I had on my face. " I love you dani, you have no idea how much you mean to me" I said hugging her again.

" I love you too bubba, i will always love you"