Take My Hand

JEMA'S POV

And so here I am.

Walking down the aisle towards the love of my life.

I can sense everybody's eyes on me but my eyes are locked with hers as I slowly make my way in her direction.

She was smiling wide and there were tears brimming in her eyes.

I am trying so hard not to trip on my heels. Buti nalang naka kapit ako kay Papa.

I'm wearing this very elegant wedding dress from one of the most prestigious stylists in the Philippines.

The aisle was lined with the most gorgeous flowers I've ever seen.

When we reached the makeshift altar that was placed in the middle of this beautiful garden that we had rented, nagmano si Deanna kay Papa.

Papa hugged her and placed my hand in Deanna's. As a sign na binibigay na nya ang kamay ko sa taong ito.

"Hey, you" Deanna whispered nung magkaharap na kami.

"Hey" I whispered softly.

Naluluha na rin ako.

For this honorary ceremony, we were graced by the presence of an LGBT pastor.

Nakakalungkot mang isipin na hindi namin to magagawa sa loob ng simbahan, nagpapasalamat parin ako na may iilang pastor na hindi hinuhusgahan ang pagmamahalan na ganito.

Maybe someday, magiging bukas din ang puso ng ating lipunan. To accept love in all it's forms. To realize that love should not live within the bounds of our society's norms. It should be allowed to flourish in whatever environment it was cultivated.

"Brothers and Sisters, we gather here today to witness how two hearts and two souls shall become one. Let everyone here today bear witness to the love that has has been guarded and shared by Deanna and Jema" pagsisimula ng pastor.

Habang patuloy ang ceremony, I got the chance to glimpse at my guests.

Most of them were crying.

Nakakapuno talaga ng puso na tanggap kayo ng mga taong mahal nyo. All our friends and family were here.

Mas umagos pa ang mga masasayang luha when the time came to say our vows.

"Jema, I can't say this enough...you are the love of my life. I promise to love and cherish you until the day I die and even in the life after that. I will not do anything that will bring dishonor to your dignity. Just know that no matter what happens in the future, you will always find me by your side. I will support your dreams and guard your well being to the best of my capabilities. You are my home and I love you dearly. I can't wait to spend all of my days on this earth building our lives together." I was holding on to every word that came out of Deanna's mouth.

I can really sense the sincerity in her words. I want to remember this forever.

"Deanna, there is simply no word worthy of describing how much I love you. I will always be here through the good and the bad. Even in your most vulnerable state, through your most destructive storms, I will forever be holding your hand. I cannot wait to build our family and share every moment with you. God couldn't have given me a better partner in life. You are simply the best and I love you with all that I have." I've been practicing these vows in front of the mirror pero iba talaga ang feeling kapag kaharap mo na ang tao.