Chapter 5

Previously!

After one last conversation with one-another, you two said your goodbyes and hoped to see each other again soon and in good health. Slipping your hand out from his one last time, you began walking in the opposite direction, waving to him as you left.

"Goodbye, Tanjiro-kun! I hope to see you again soon!"

"Goodbye, (Y/N)san! Safe travels!"

A smile danced on your face one last time, but it soon disappeared once Tanjiro was out of your view. "It won't be too long," you commented to yourself.

"Right?" 

On to Chapter 5!

A whine escaped your lips as you traversed back home. Your legs were aching, your back was burning, lets just put it simple at this point, you're in pain. "My whole body," you crouched down  on the hill that you were going up on, "is in pain...!" You whined as a feeling of defeat filled your body. Your head looked up as you could see your small home at the top of the hill. A feeling of irritation and frustration coursed through your body making you slightly tremble. "Why do you have to live up such a steep hill!? I mean yeah it's a nice view, but it's just so troublesome!" your voice became high pitched as you flailed your body on the ground like a young child not being given a dessert after eating all of it's vegetables as it was told to do. Finally standing back up on your own two feet, but with a very grumpy face, you mustered up your remaining energy to finally reach your home. 

Finally making it to the front of the house, a sigh of relief escaped your lips as you could feel your legs pounding. Sliding the door open, "I'm home," you said groggily. You could hear multiple footsteps running towards you, "Oh great. Just what I need." A look of disapproval swept over your face as your three older siblings appeared in front of you. 

"Where on earth were you for this past week! We couldn't chop any wood because of how tough the wood is! How dare you leave us without chopping up enough wood for us to use !" Your older sibling in a striking red kimono yelled as she pulled one your cheeks roughly. 

Your other sibling on the other-hand was instead crying her eyes out as she hugged your waist, "Waahh~! (Y/N)chan! You were gone for so long! I thought you abandoned us! Why did you leave for a week!?" Your other older sibling continued to wail and flail herself around you in her own baby blue kimono. 

"Welcome back home, (Y/N)chan. I'm glad you returned home with minor injuries." Finally, your third oldest sibling said as she gave you a thin smile. She wore a colored kimono that was a light purple as she kept her hands in front of herself. 

You sighed once more,but now with exhaustion, "Hello, Akara-san." You greeted your older sibling, the one which you liked the most out of your three siblings. 

"Ehh?! Why didn't you say hello to me you stinking brat?!" Your other sibling in the red Kimono exclaimed as she proceeded to yank both your ears from side to side. 

"Waahh~!" your sibling in the baby blue kimono cried, "Why didn't you say hi to me either, (Y/N)chan?!" She whined, "Don't you love your older sister?" 

You merely stood there with an unamused look as your two childish siblings grabbed your ears and cried on your waist. "Aika, Aiko." Your favorite sibling finally said, "(Y/N)chan is most likely tired from the selection and from coming back home. Let her have a bath and some rest." Akara said sternly. 

"EHH?!" Aika, your sibling in the red kimono exclaimed, "YOU ACTUALLY WENT TO THAT FUCKING THING!? ARE YOU FUCKING INSANE!?" She screamed in your ear as you could feel a single tear fall from your eye. 

Your other sibling, Aiko, now began crying even louder. "Whhaa?! (Y/N)chan~! You could've gotten hurt! And when you get hurt you never want to braid my hair and make onigiri for me!" She cried aloud as she made your waist twist and turn. 

"Aiko! Aika! Enough! Leave (Y/N) at once or else I will retrieve mother!" Akara finally yelled, annoyed at how loud your two other siblings were. "Ehh?! What makes you think that I'll listen to you?! Just because you were the first to be born out of the three of us doesn't mean that you can boss me around like that!" Aiko said with anger. 

Akara now had a dangerous aura surrounding her, an aura that would only come out when her younger siblings wouldn't obey her. Taking this chance to slip from both of your siblings grasp, you tip-toed away as the other three would surely have a loud argument of both crying and inhuman screeching. 

After taking a quick a bath and changing into a comfortable kimono you finally went into your room and rolled out your futon and retrieved your covers and pillow. Once set up, you lied down on your futon and stared at your ceiling, overhearing the arguing in the kitchen. "They're still going at it?" You questioned to no one but yourself. This was a regular occurrence though, the triplets would always argue till mother showed up and disciplined them.

After staring at the ceiling for only a few minutes and thinking, you could feel your eyes slowly begin to close as your mind became hazy. Finally shutting your eyes, you began to drift off into a deep sleep. But before you entered such a state, a thought slowly appeared and dissappeared. 

'Oh yeah, I forgot to ask Tanjiro about what he was doing with that demon during the selection.'

'Oh well.'

'I'm sure I'll see him again one day.'

A/N

Hello! This is actually a really short chapter and is kinda boring to be completely honest. But I really wanted to churn out one more chapter that illustrated you coming home to your siblings! Please feel free to leave feedback as always! Have a great whatevertimeitisforyourightnow!