Chapter 44

Previously!

"(Y/N)chan..." Zenitsu and Tanjiro tried to begin, but you immediately silenced them. "Don't." Was the only thing that you could say. The frustration that you held had now turned into a gross mixture of regret and pain, resulting in beads of tears threatening to fall down your cheeks. Sucking it up and remembering that this was no matter to cry about just yet, you spoke to the three of them. "I'll walk you three home! And I apologize for my family's disrespect!" Bowing as you ended with your hands tight to your waist, the three males could only look at you with a feeling of sadness; all varying for each male.

Leaving the table and never cleaning a single thing, the four of you walked back to the Wisteria Home.

The walk was quiet:

Depressingly quiet.

On to Chapter 44!

Upon arrival at the Wisteria Home, you and the three males were welcomed back in warmly by Hisa. Of course you spilled the information to Hisa when you both where alone. And your family-friend comforted you through your frustrated and disappointed tears; it was far too difficult at this time to remember that your family cared about you. Especially after the cursed fiasco from earlier. 

But once your tears were dried and you had a calm, yet awkward, tea session with Tanjiro and Zenitsu as Inosuke wolfed down fried tempura, you proceeded to walk back home. It was evident that you were resilient to go back.

With an hour walk purposely turned into two hours, you finally made it back home and now found the rest of your family waiting for you to come back. With only one foot inside the home and eyes locking on all of your family members, the silence consumed the air. With only a lusterless moon in the sky and only secluded clouds now drifting by, only the uncomfortable orange that escaped through the entrance of your home brightened your body and cold eyes. 

Aiko began, "I'm sorry, (Y/N)chan..." You remained silent. 

"I would also like to apologize, (Y/N). I believed that your friends were just more than just "friends". I apologize for my mistake..."  The formal apology from your eldest sibling, Akara, softened your glare slightly. 

"I'm sorry too, darling. I'm sorry that I had put you under so much pressure like that." Your mother chimed in. You were surprised by her words since she wasn't one to apologize. But it did indeed make your heart warm from such a sincere response from her. 

With three apologies up in the air, patiently waiting to be accepted, you now only looked at one sibling who was giving you the same stare back. Aika, your most ferocious and intimidating sibling, crossed her arms and raised her chin dominantly. "What? You're expecting an apology from me now, brat?" She spat. Your once cold stare now returned, resulting in your sibling to scoff with disgust. "Oh, so now you're mad, again." Making fun of you. "You know, I don't get why I have to apologize." Her fiery-red kimono un-creased itself as she now stood.