Chapter 34

Previously!

"Tanjiro-kun, did you mean to place your box in my room?" Trying not reveal Nezuko just yet, since you weren't aware if the other two boys knew about Tanjiro's secret.

"Ah, yeah. Is it okay if I place it on your side of the room, (Y/N)chan?" He spoke as he brought his torso up from his futon.

You gave a contented hum as you prepared your futon.

After that, it fell silent.

Momentarily, at least.

On to Chapter 34!

The dark room that was only being illuminated by a soft, orange glow stayed silent for a few, drawn-out seconds. But once they passed, only the sound of Zenitsu's comforter shuffling and his breathes could be heard. "Tanjiro," your ears perked up and your eyes followed when you heard Zenitsu begin speaking, "no one else is asking, so I'm gonna ask myself." You felt your lips become agape when Zenitsu fell silent for a moment, "Why are you traveling with a demon?" No one spoke. 

But as the silent came back to settle, it was disturbed right as it had arrived. "Zenitsu..." You now watched the two of them blatantly by turning your neck, "You knew about that and still protected the box, huh?" A smile made itself apparent on your features now as you turned your body to fully face the boys. And that smile only grew when Tanjiro began to praise Zenitsu while he began to roll around on his futon while giggling wildly. That was until you had to scoff when Zenitsu denied the fact that he was strong and that he still pissed at you and Tanjiro for not letting him bring Shoichi. 

"Zenitsu-kun," you began as you straightened yourself up from your bed as Zenitsu and Tanjiro watched you, "please don't undermine yourself. We really do think that you're strong. Please believe us when we say that you're stronger than you think." The yellow male looked at you with surprise before crying softly and running to you with needy arms. You felt the wind get knocked out of you once his body had collided with yours, but laughing it off and returning the hug, you patted his back while he sniffled uncontrollably. "Waah~! (Y/N)chan! You're always so nice to me!" You rolled your eyes at his words, "That's because you're never nice to yourself, Zenitsu-kun." And before the male could defend that he didn't deserve praise, you shushed him immediately. 

And as you began to try and separate Zenitsu from your body, the brown box that sat comfortably on your side of the room began to shake. With no second-thought, Zenitsu hid himself behind you while making short, nervous sounds.  "It's coming out! It's coming out!" Zenitsu whisper-screamed from behind you. Both you and Tanjiro quietly told him that it was alright, but he never heard either of you, even though his gift was exceptional hearing. 

And once the small door opened on the small box, Zenitsu shrilled with all his might. You cringed harshly and winced just as the terrified male began sprinting towards the closet that resided in the very same room. Once the male slammed open the closet door while whisper-screaming "I gotta hide! I gotta hide!", the tiny, pink eyed girl crawled out from the box and into the dimly lit room. You greeted the small girl with a wave as Tanjiro also greeted his sibling. She hummed gently while closing her large eyes.