Chapter 45

Previously!

"But you just never listened to me..." Her grip tightened on your siblings hands.

"Why did you never listen to me, (Y/N)." Her head shaking from side-to-side.

"Fuck-" Aika's voice heightened with grief, "Why couldn't you just listen to me!?"

On to Chapter 45!

You fled your home quickly once Aika began to funnel her anger towards you again: Too much family drama has happened in a single day. With a tired and emotional sigh escaping you, you walked aimlessly till you finally found yourself in the dark forest. Finding comfort in the secludedness and confident that there were no demons any where near you or your village, you sat down in front of tree and breathed. It felt like you were suffocating with so many negative feelings that bubbled inside of you as you felt a mix of guilty and frustrated tears begin to form. 

Wiping the tears away with brows becoming knitted and lips becoming tightly pursed, you thought about your sibling. 'What does she know? I've done fine for all these years! And even though I was never aware of such hardships that were at home, it doesn't mean that I never cared! Geez Aika...!' A now irritated grown buzzed from you. You continued to think under the night sky and lusterless moon, thinking of things that you should've said to your sibling when she was finally unraveling her emotions as the creeping feeling of numbness began to crawl on your back. 

But as your mind thought about the now past scenario and what you could've done, a familiar cawing caught your ears. Snapping out of it and looking forward, your kasugai crow stood tall on one of your knees. With another ear-piercing caw, "(L/N) (Y/N)! Your newest assignment is to go to the town of Marakai! A demon sighting has recently appeared and is terrorizing people as we speak! Now go, stupid!" Not wanting to deal with your crows rudeness, you caught it's beak in between your fingers before it poked your forehead. It's eyes widened out of surprise as you looked at the bird with puffy and irate eyes. "Fine, I'll go. Just stop pecking me. It's annoying." Your words stinging the poor bird greatly. And With that, you let the birds beak go. And before it left you alone, it huffed arrogantly. 

The town of Marakai was only another hours walk away from your village. But since this was a mission and civilians were currently being terrorized, you crunched the time to 20 minutes instead. With your chest heaving from running the entirety of your walk, you jumped on different flat roofs, trying to find the demon that was roaming around recklessly. And with luck on your side, you found the demon running after a young child through the nooks-and-crannies of the small town. Not holding back your movements and only focusing your attention on slaying a demon, you performed one of your many, carefully created forms. 

"Breathe of Destruction, third form: Cataclysm!"