Chapter 13

Previously!

Taking one last sniffle, you slowly began to get up, making sure to not push yourself too far. Immediately Tanjiro tried to to stop you, "(Y/N)san! Be caref-" Tanjiro suddenly cut himself off as he tried to lean forward himself. You looked at his face with a look of amusement as he tried to mask his pain. "You're one to talk, Tanjiro-kun." You said, your voice light and calm. 

--After helping him up and placing one of his arms over your shoulders for support, you both walked together to try and help Nezuko and the others. 

On to Chapter 13!

With Tanjiro's arm over over shoulder's, you both walked to where the others were. Your breathing was coarse and your expression showed that you were in pain. The male looked at you worryingly, "(Y/N)san, you don't have to push yourself," he said, obviously nervous for your well-being. You merely shook your head as you continued to walk, "It's okay Tanjiro. It's a little painful, but I'll be fine..." A grunt escaped your lips as you felt as if a knife had landed in the middle of your back and your neck ached from being tensed with pain. He gave you a solemn look as he examined your face, before returning his gaze back to in front of him. 

After supporting your friends weight all the way to the corner of the home, you felt your knees beginning to buckle. Your balance immediately became off as you quickly tried to fix it. But upon doing so, you jerked your back, sending a painful feeling of hot charcoal all across your back. Slowly, you fell to your knees, prioritizing Tanjiro's pain before your own. With a purposeful slow descendant, you lowered your bodies onto the ground so that you could take a quick break. "Don't push yourself too hard (Y/N)san." Your friend said. You laughed lightly at the boys words, causing him to look at you with cocked eyebrows, "You're in a worse condition, Tanjiro-kun. So don't worry about me," turning your head to look at the boy, you looked down at him with a benevolent smile. "The only thing that I don't want happening is you getting anymore injured, Tanjiro-kun." He looked at you with a look that could only resemble a confused puppy, which made your smile at grow a little larger. 

But the moment was quickly cut short when you two heard someone begging for forgiveness. Your eyebrows furrowed, "Doesn't that sound like the demon from earlier?" You asked as you turned your head towards the direction of the sound. "Yeah, it does," your wine-eyed friend agreed. Picking up your sword quickly and slowly placing Tanjiro's arm over your shoulder once more, you picked up the two of you and continued walking around the corner of the house. And a surprise greeted the both of you. 

The orange kimono wearing demon was begging for forgiveness as her arms flailed into the air. You both watched with mixed emotions of worry and caution as she pleaded for forgiveness into the empty night. As she began to moan in pain, the demon dropped one of her Temari's and wrapped your arms around herself with agony. You watched as the veins in her arms pulsed with dark crimson as her skin slowly changed from ivory to a malicious red. Your breathe hitched as you continued to watch her moan with extreme discomfort. 

With a final cry of discomfort, the demon finally opened herself up, revealing her convulsing stomach. You felt like you were going to hurl as you watched her stomach pulse and move in such an abnormal way. Tanjiro tightened his arm on your shoulders, pulling you closer to him as he could smell disgust and horror from you. You shook in your spot as the hellish scene in front of you continued. Three, large, scarred arms erupted from the demon; two in her stomach and one from your mouth. Tanjiro's grip on you tightened on you as the smell radiating from you became worse. Blood poured from the three large arms that immobilized the demon and splattered on to the ground where a makeshift pool of blood began to form. 'What the hell is going on!? What is she doing!?'  The large hands slowly began to move towards the demons head, her blood-shot eyes filled to the brim with fear. Grasping her head, you could hear the demons muffled screams as the large hand that escaped through her mouth tightened it's grasp on her head. You felt Tanjiro's hand slowly move your face away from the gruesome scene. Moving your head onto his shoulder and making you look down, he whispered, "Don't look, (Y/N)." Your entire body felt like it was frozen, unable to get away from this damn nightmare.