Chapter 39 : Mini-Chapter (Inosuke)

Inosuke

After roughly 10 minutes of being poked relentlessly, you finally caved in and got up to follow the male; your face never calming down. Following him, you suddenly found yourself outside with the boar-headed male and saw him tossing your sword towards you. Puzzled, you questioned him, "Inosuke? What are we doing with our swords? Don't tell that you want to spar with me now..." Your lips formed into a thin line as your blush now only became apparent on your cheeks rather than your entire face; still not over with what had just happened from earlier. 

Inosuke cackled, "Ah! That would be a lot cooler wouldn't it, mouse?!" An irk mark quickly appeared on the side of your head, "Quit calling me a mouse already!" Never acknowledging your outburst, he merely pointed behind you. Turning your frame around, you were pleasantly surprised to see Tanjiro, but then remembered the incident from earlier. Your head fell with embarrassment as Tanjiro patted your shoulder and grabbed both yours and Inosuke's swords; your cheeks beginning to flare up again. 

But now even more confused, "W-What? You toss me my sword and then let Tanjiro take both of ours? What are you planning, Inosuke?" Your face forming into a weird look, causing the male to yell at you and to not give him such a nasty look. Never moving from your spot and only watching the two males move towards the wood-chopping block, the two of them grabbed two large logs and placed them on opposing sides of the chopping block. Following your burgundy haired friends motion to come over to where they were, you now stood with the three males. 

"You sit right here, (Y/N)chan," Tanjiro pointing to one of the shorter wood blocks and then placing one of your arms on the larger block before doing the same to Inosuke. Clicking the pieces together, you spoke your mind. "I'm assuming we're going to be doing some arm wrestling?" Tanjiro nodded excitedly, "Exactly! This is also because this was the only idea that Inosuke really liked..." You chuckled as Inosuke made an irritated grunt. 

After laying down some rules, specifically some that permitted Inosuke from flinging you, Tanjiro finally let you both go at it under his supervision; being a little overprotective with what he had just uncovered from earlier. The very first few times you lost over and over again which fed Inosuke's ego while it only irritated you more and more, making you forget the fiasco with Zenitsu. "Don't you know how to be a good sport?" You hissed at the winning male. He merely cackled wildly with triumph, "To be a good sport?! It's not my fault that you're stupidly weak!" More irk marks appeared on your forehead as you placed your arm on the wooden block once more, "I'll make you take that back, you bumbling idiot!" Clasping his hand with your own once more, another arm wrestling match began once more. 

And not wanting to lose again, you began putting in more power in your arm, making the game come to a standstill. Grunts of frustration were let out as you both yearned to beat the other; one was to prove that the other was weak and one was to prove to not underestimate the other. Strained veins began to pop from your skins and sweats were beginning to be broken; the drive to win was at an all-time high. 

But even though the game had set both you and the arrogant male into an intense moment, Tanjiro merely sweat-dropped at how intense you both were being. In all honesty, you both resembled constipated individuals rather than competing ones to him. But he didn't want to ruin the intense, silence battle with his thoughts however. 

Sucking in the air through your teeth, you began to overcome your opponents own arm and land a solid victory. Your first win threw Inosuke into a tantrum as you rubbed your victory into his face, greedily eating up his angered yelling. And with your first win finally obtained, more arm wrestling matches ensued.