Chapter 20

Previously!

You looked up, confused, not knowing that there was someone else there with you. And as your (e/c) eyes looked up, they grew to the size of saucers, and so did the unknown individuals eyes.

"(Y/N)?"

Your lip quivered as you struggled to find your words.

"Father?"

On to Chapter 20!

It was a standstill between the both of you; you were staring at your beloved father with astonishment as he looked back at you with fear engraved into his eyes. He quickly ran over to you, engulfing you in a hug. You merely stood there with shock, unsure of what to do. 'How the hell is he hugging me? He's supposed to be dead! Unless...'

"(Y/N)." Your father said with a serious tone, forcing you to get out of your thoughts. "What did you do." He commanded rather than questioned as he opened the small space between the two of you. You gulped at his serious tone as he gave you a scolding look, not pleased to see you in this environment. "I-I was fighting a demon..." Your words stumbled out. He kept his scolding look for a brief moment before softening his features, and instead replaced it with a look of understanding. "Then you need to get out of here." 

Standing up quickly, your father took your hand in his and dragged you back over to the small patch of flowers that you originally found yourself lying in. Turning around to face you, your father bent down on to his knees and hugged you tightly once more. Taking the opportunity, you wrapped your own arms around your father and placed your head in the crook of his neck, reminiscing in the scent that only your father had. You two stayed in this position for a short while. But in that short time-span, you could feel your eyes bubbling with eager tears. You missed the large hugs that your father would give you after those rough days of training, the scent that he held that was so distinct, and his careful movements around you whenever you were sore. Many memories began to swirl within your mind; many of them being the ones that you held the closest to your heart. You could feel your heart beginning to ache and pound, those happy memories of being with your father convinced your tears to finally fall. Your father opened the space between the both of you, his small smile quickly forming into a worried line. 

Your fathers heart shattered as he saw your sobbing figure. To him, you were, no, are, his most skillful and amazing daughter that he has. And to find you crying so heavily after just hugging you, made his heart ache with grief. "Hush now, darling," he whispered as he moved your strands of hair away from your tearful figure before cupping your flustered cheeks. You continued to cry; all of the fear and sadness that you had was finally coming out after your father never returned home years ago. "Y-Y-You never c-came home..." You croaked as your sobbing began to worsen. Your father, Asao, could feel his own beads of tears beginning to form in his eyes. "The only thing that came home was your damn haori!" You yelled through your tears, frustrated with that one memory where the masked man came home with your fathers torn haori, never explaining what had happened to your beloved parent. 

Your hands gravitated up to grip your fathers haori as you placed your forhead onto his shoulder, "What happened to you, dad... Why did you leave us!?" Your once formal addressing to your father changed into one of a child, which took your father by surprise; you were always one to call him 'father' rather than 'dad'. His arms slithered around your weeping figure as he pecked the side of your head gingerly, "I was killed by a demon, (Y/N). That's all there is..." You couldn't believe his words, which flung you into a fit of rage, "No!" You screamed as you pulled your forehead away from his shoulder, "That's not all there is! Who killed you!? Who!?" You begged as your knuckles became white, needing to know what happened after questions going unanswered for years. He only gave you a somber look as he gently pulled your arms away from the collars of his haori. "Muzan Kibutsuji." You could feel your breathe hitch at his words.