Chapter 18

Previously!

But unbeknownst to you, all of the events that had taken place were merely illusions that the demon had placed you under, making you play right into her trap that she so easily devised. The voices, the words, the memory, were all memories that were twisted into the demons favor;

to make you into one of her children.

On to Chapter 18!

We're shifting to Tanjiro and the Snake Demon!

As you fell deeper into the demons trick, the demon laughed with excitement as she moved your stiff body from her hand to the end of her tail so that she could wrap you tightly. "(Y/N)!" Tanjiro yelled as he saw the demon shifting your body around, rising up slowly from being slammed into the wall harshly. 

The demon turned her gaze towards the male with a confused look, "Oh?" She began with surprise, "You didn't die from that?" She asked as if it was a question with an obvious answer. Ignoring her question, "Let go of her!" Tanjiro yelled as he readied his sword with fierce eyes. The demons ruby eyes narrowed with annoyance as she scoffed, "And why would I listen to you?" Her voice aggressive and filled with disgust. Pointing at Tanjiro with her long nails, "The only thing that you've done is just aggravate me, you stupid nuisance!" The boy merely ignored her words, only focusing on the fact that you needed to be saved from the demons tightly coiled body. 

The demon followed his gaze with suspicion to your frozen body. Realizing where his gaze sat, she chuckled happily, "I see now..." Her words almost hushed to the point where Tanjiro couldn't hear her. "You want to save the girl, eh?" The snake demons voice coming off with amusement. Tanjiro looked at her strangely, not knowing where she was going. She giggled, "What's so special about her then, little boy?" Her body slithered over to the other side of the platform, "Hasn't she failed you before? Been a nuisance to you yourself?" The sunny haired male's breathe hitched. Noticing a change in his demeanor, "I'm right, aren't I?" Her words slipping off of her tongue.

Tanjiro felt his teeth tighten, "No you're not! She's never been a nuisance! She's amazing!" He leaped into the air suddenly, now being overwhelmed with emotions. The demon looked at him with boredom as she tilted her head. "Little boys like you are just too easy..." With a swift movement, the demon, once more, jerked her arms outwards, flinging two green scales of hers at the flying male. Tanjiro felt his eyes widen once he saw the scales flying straight towards him, but couldn't react fast enough. The wine-eyed male felt the stinging sensation of the scute's; one on his arm and the other on his leg. And thanks to the acceleration of the scales, Tanjiro's moving body came to a halt in the air, making him fall straight to the floor instead. 

He struggled to move his body as he began to fall towards the ground, the air whistling past his ears violently. Remembering what he did when you and him were fighting at Lady Tamayo's estate, he unleashed a move towards the ground to soften the blow. Unleashing a move, he was able to land on the ground not-so-harshly. About to get back up to continue fighting, he felt the seizing pain in his chest, forcing him to stay down and not get back up. 

The snake demon pushed out her bottom lip with discontent, unhappy to not see the male fall and split his head open like a melon. Sighing, she moved her attention towards you, knowing that her scales were quickly numbing the boys body. Her hand extended towards your head where she proceeded to run your hair through her fingers. And as she ran her fingers through your hair as if you were a small toy, she noticed something golden surrounding your neck.