Chapter 13: Wag The Witch

At my house a week later, I was having my dinner while my parents were in the living room, talking. I know they're talking about me, but why? Surely my walking around Greendale can't worry them that much. given how many times they left me by myself, without even having Zelda watch over me. Heck, why not take me with them if they're that concerned over me walking around town with no supervision?

Anyways, my parents soon came into the kitchen and sat down at the table. "Aaron, we need to talk about you wandering around town." My dad said. "What about it?" I asked, my eye turning red.

"It's not good, given how..." My mom trailed off. "What, that everyone here treats me like I'm a freak? A monster? Is that it?" I asked bitterly.

"Aaron, this is unacceptable behavior. I don't know where this is coming from, but stop it right now. You're making us feel bad." My dad scolded.

"You guys feel bad? No, I'm the one who should feel bad! Both of you don't have to deal with people your age calling you a freak because you can't control your powers! You guys don't have to deal with worrying that you might slip up and people learn you have magic! You're not one being left behind by parents without anyone watching over them or even not having any kind of set rules! I'm the one who have to deal with all of that!" I yelled, slamming my palms on the table.

"Aaron. *Sighs* Look, we love you, and we don't want anything bad happening. Just, at least tell us when you're heading out into town so we don't panic." My dad said. "And know that we are proud of your training." My mom said before she and my dad went upstairs.

'What was that? Where's the scolding? The punishments? The rules? The firm parents aspect?' I asked in my head, more angry than before as I threw away the rest of my dinner, no longer feeling hungry and went to my room to sleep.

The next day, Sabrina and I were walking to school. "So, they didn't even punish you?" Sabrina asked. "No, and I wanted them to. At least, that way I know they're paying attention to when I did something wrong, even if it was the right thing to do." I said.

"But that means you can get away with anything." Sabrina said. "No!" I snapped before lowering my voice. "I'm sorry for yelling. But I don't want all this indepence. I want to at least have some rules, someone to point me in a direction. I want to be treated normal. I want to be normal." I said, looking down at the ground.

"I know, Aaron. And I'm sorry that I said that. About you can get away with whatever you want." Sabrina said. "It's okay. It's not like it's your fault." I said. "No, but this might be a bad time to mention that I'm planning on running for student president. At least, if they accept people like me." Sabrina said.

"Of course they will. You forget, you're not the one with powers that can be barely control." I said. "Aaron, I didn't mean that. I mean, if people were to come by my house to see all the magic." Sabrina explained. "Oh. Well, now I'm the jerk." I said.

"No. You're upset because your parents aren't being the people you want and how everyone treats you. I'm upset because my aunts are missing my point." Sabrina said. "Well, at least we have our own issues at home." I said with a small smile. Soon Sabrina gave me a grin. "Yeah, guess we do." Sabrina said as we continue on our way.

We soon arrived at school, where Harvey was playing with a yo-yo. "Hey, Harvey. Guess what? I'm gonna run for class president. I want you to be among the first to know." Sabrina said. "I think you've been scooped." Harvey said. "Huh?" Sabrina asked as she turned around. "Vote for anyone but Spellman. What's up with that?" Sabrina asked as the bus with that sign left.

"You have to ask?" Harvey asked Sabrina. "Harvey, no need to be a jerk about this. Just tell us." I said. "It's Gem." Harvey said just as Gem's limo pulled up. "Don't forget to vote for anyone but Spellman!" Gem said over her limo's loudspeaker as her driver open the door. Gem then walked over to us.