Interlude #4: The Madison Tank

(A/N: Disclaimer: Here's the last chapter for the year, and the end of the first half of this story. Now, I know you're wondering about the special author's note. Well, I'll tell you at the end. I know, I know. But please be patient for a little bit longer. Anyways, enjoy the interlude!)

"I'll be back." Madi said, going off somewhere. I don't know what she does half the time.

"Okay. Be safe." I said as she left the house.

After checking the coast is clear, I decided to wander around the house, checking everything out. I've never had the chance to do so in the one month I've been living here.

Pearl and Sinbad were gone as well, either kicked out for the week or hanging out at a local bar, I don't know and I don't care, as long as they don't make comments about my hair growing out, which I had tied up in a small ponytail.

I walked down the halls, looking around until I saw the garage door. I hadn't been in here before, so I turned the knob and walked in, shutting it behind me.

The garage was pitch dark as I groped around for a light switch. I finally felt it and flipped it, turning on the lights.

In the middle of the room was a massive tank! I ran over to it and inspected it.

"Holy crap, Madi has a tank. But, why would she need one, though?" I muttered to myself, wondering why would Madi, with all her powers, need a tank.

"Of course! Maybe she needs a method of transport. A Madi Tank if you say." I said to myself.

Suddenly, a rumbling sound was heard, causing me to be confused. I looked around, only to see the tank was aiming the cannon right at me. I ducked as it fired, putting a hole in the wall, and a random ghost's stomach. "What the hell was that for?!" shouted the ghost, leaving in a huff.

I was wondering what got the tank to start targeting me. It doesn't seem to be alive, or else it would have talked or stood up or done anything else.

"Pearl! Sinbad! If you're in the Madi Tanks, get out be-" was all I got out before getting shot by heat-seeking missiles.

Now, kids, I don't want you to try this at home to see if you're a Saiyan or have Saiyan blood in you. Or anywhere for that matter.

"But why?" You might have asked. And let's just say, it's not pleasant. In fact, despite being part Saiyan, getting hit by a heat-seeking missile felt like getting hit by a miniature supernova. And since there were more than one heat-seeking missile, you see where I'm going at.

I fell to my knees, heavily breathing at this point, my jacket ripped and my pants have holes in it.

"Why does the tank keep attacking? It's clearly not Pearl or Sinbad, they would brag about how they're finally getting the chance to kill me off." I said in between pants.

Now, I know what you're gonna say. "You can go Super Saiyan!" or, "You can use Instant Transmission!", so why don't I just use those two?

First of all, I'm still getting the hang of Super Saiyan. Remember that I've only gotten it almost a year ago, and it wasn't in the best of situations.

And as for Instant Transmission, same as Super Saiyan, I'm still learning it. It's not like I did it and suddenly can do it at the drop of a hat. I'm still figuring out how to sense ki in order to use Instant Transmission.

"Seriously, is the Madi Tank defective?" I asked, only for it to aim all its weapons at me. And just as it fired, I realized something.

It may not be talking, it may not be standing. But it is alive! And for some reason, it really hates being called the Madi Tank.