Chapter 15

Silver's POV

I watch as Rhodes and Sam argue as to whether we should sign the accords.

"Secretary Ross has a Congressional Metal of Honor which is one more than you have" Rhodes says.

"So, let's say we agree to this thing, how long will it be until the lojack us like a bunch of common criminals." Sam argue back at Rhodes.

"One hundred and seventeen countries want to sign this. One hundred and seventeen, Sam and you're just like 'no it's cool'."

"Well. how long are you gonna play both sides." Sam says.

Vision sets something down while he starts to talk.

"I have an equation" He says. "In the last eight years since Mr. Stark announced himself as Iron Man the number of known enhanced persons has grown exponentially. Also, during the same period the number of potentially world-ending events has risen at a commensurate." Vision states. I nodded in agreement, but stayed quiet.

"Are you saying this is our fault?" Steve says

"He's saying that there maybe a causality." I pointed out. They all jumped a little from me talking. They must have forgotten that I was here.

"Yes, our very strength invites challenged. Challenged invites conflict. Conflict brings catastrophe." Vision paused to look at all of us before talking again. "Oversight is not an idea that can be dismissed out of hand." Vision finished.

"Tony, you're being uncharacteristically non hyper-verbal." Nat says looking at Tony who is laying down on the couch.

"It's because he's already made up his mind." Steve points out.

"Oh, you know me so well." Tony paused getting up from the couch rubbing the back of his head. "Actually, I'm nursing an electromagnetic headache." He walks into the kitchen with me right behind him. "That's what's going on Cap. It's just pain." He sets up an image of Charles so the other can see before continuing. "That's Charles Spencer, by the way. A great kid. Computer engineering degree, 3.6 GPA, had a floor-level gig and intel planned for the fall." Tony says looking at me to pick up where he left of so he can make his coffee.

"But, before he park his butt behind a desk he wanted to see the world maybe be of service. Charles didn't want to see the Grand Canyon or Paris, he decided to spend his summer building sustainable housing for the poor." I was interrupted by Tony.

"Oh, and guess where. Sokovia." He paused. I looked and saw everyone looking down at the floor. "He wanted to make a difference, I suppose. I mean, we won't know because we dropped a building on him while we were kicking ass." He finished walking around the counter.

"There's no decision making process here. We have to be put in check so nothing like this happens again." I said

"Look if someone dies on your watch, you don't give up." Steve says

"Who said we're giving up." Tony says back.

"We are for not taking responsibility for our action. this document just shifts the blame." Steve says

"Steve that is dangerously arrogant. This is the United Nations we're talking about. It's not like S.H.E.I.L.D or HYDRA." Rhodes says trying to get the point through Steve's thick skull.

"No, but it is run by people with agendas and agendas change." Steve says.

"That's good. That is why I'm here. When I realized what my weapons were capable of, I shut it down." Tony said.

"That's because you chose to do that. If we sign this, we surrender our rights to choose."

"But, if we don't do this now then it's going to be done to us later on." I said to Steve.