Prologue

Four years ago....

"Fawn, stop!" Digger yelled after her.

She picked up her pace, swiping under her eyes. God she hated how he could bring her to tears. The two years she's known him, since she was eighteen, she'd known that Digger was her guy. Yet, he always tried to prove to her that he wasn't. It hurt.

He was twenty-five now, five years older than her, and working his way up to being VP of the Ghost Warrior's MC. She knew he didn't have time for an Old Lady right now, but honestly she just wanted to know that he wanted her as much as she wanted him.

"Fawn, damn it," he gripped her arm, swinging her around to face him.

"What?" She shouted at the top of her lungs. "What could you possibly want with me now, Digger?"

"What the fuck?" He asked. "What's your problem?"

"You ask me to come to this damn party and when I go to find you, your fucking a slut. Was that why you wanted me to come? To show me that you can't be tamed? To try to get me not to want you? Well I can't help it Digger!"

"Look, Fawn, I'm trying to straighten things out--"

She cut him off, "I understand that, but just a little feed back would be nice."

He didn't say anything, just stared at her. She huffed, getting tired of this. "Do you want me or not, Digger?"

******

Do you want me or not?

Her words echoed in his mind. Fuck yea, he wanted her. He didn't just want her to be around, he didn't just want to fuck her like he did with the sluts, no. Digger wanted to own her.

He wanted to make her his in every way possible. Could he do that? Sure. Was it right? Probably not.

She was too good for him. She radiated pure energy with a snap, while he just represented darkness and the unholy. She deserved someone better, who could give her the white picket fence.

Do you want me or not?

Fawn was starring at him. Her indigo eyes large and wide--like a dear caught in headlights.

He sealed himself for the hurt he knew he was going to receive. "No."

"No. That's it?" She bit her bottom lip, holding back the tears. She nodded and he watched her face crumple. "Ok..."

Fawn walked away. He desperately wanted to go after her but forced himself to turn back to the clubhouse. Even if he couldn't have her, didn't mean he couldn't look after her. And he would. Until she found a guy he thought would do good by her....