Chapter Nineteen

Digger held the door open to Golden Quill Tattoo. Fawn walked through and saw the walls covered in some wicked art. The bell above them rang and someone shouted from the back.

"Frank! Get your ass up here!" Digger yelled.

"Do we really wanna yell at the artist? I don't wanna give him a reason to fuck up my first tattoo," she whispered to him.

"Relax, Doe. Frank is with the club, he'll take good care you." Digger walked up behind her and began to rub her shoulders.

"All right, dickhead, what do you want?" She heard someone say.

Looking up she saw a guy in all black, both arms covered in tattoos and his neck too. He had long brown hair tied into a ponytail at the nape of his neck and he wore glasses. He looked to be in his forties.

"My Old Lady wants to pop her tattoo cherry." Digger said.

The guy looked at her with new eyes. "Old Lady, huh? Nice to meet you," he held out his hand and she shook it. "I'm Frank."

"Fawn," she said, smiling.

"Sweet. You hunt?" Frank asked.

"I did when I was younger. My dad's a big hunter."

"Cool. Well let's go talk ideas and pump some ink into you."

She started to follow Frank then turned around and placed a hand on Digger's chest. "You should wait here."

"Fuck no," Digger said.

"Please? I want it to be a surprise."

Digger grumble an ok and sat down on the couch in the lobby. She followed Frank back to a booth and sat down on the chair. Fawn told him about what she was thinking for the tattoo and Frank would draw stuff out.

Finally they picked a tattoo and Frank got ready. She laid down on the chair and Frank laid the outline. He waited ten minutes and then got started. Her heart was racing with excitement.

She felt the prick on the needle against her skin. "Wow that's actually not that bad."

Frank laughed. "That's good. You're a tough one. I get big guys coming in here all the time flinching, cursing, some even crying from the pain. It's hilarious."

About halfway through they took a break. Fawn was liking the way this was coming out. Before she knew it, they were back at it. She ended up falling asleep the second half.

"Aye, Fawn, you're ink is done."

Fawn woke up and blinked the sleep from her eyes. "Shit. Did I really fall asleep?"

Frank laughed. "That you did. What do you think?"

Fawn turned her back toward the mirror and gasped. "Holy shit that's amazing!"

On the lower left side on her back were a buck and doe facing each other with the noses touching. Frank filled them in camo and underneath in script writing was "His Doe".

"Awesome. Let go show your old man," Frank said.

Fawn twitched a little from the movement,  it didn't hurt but it was a little uncomfortable. Frank stepped out first and she followed.

Digger stood up and crossed his arms. "All right. Let's see the surprise ink."

She turned around and showed him. He was silent for a long time. She began to wonder if her liked it or not.

"That's fucking awesome, Doe." Digger said.

She turned around. "You like it?"

"Love it. Love the "His Doe" better though--that's hot." He winked. Then he turned to Frank, "How much?"

"Well there's the club discount, and I'm gonna knock off some cause she took this like a fucking pro--fell asleep the second half. I'll say ninety bucks."

Digger pulled out his wallet and handed over a hundred. "Keep the ten."

"Thank you, Frank! I can't wait for more!" She said as they walked out.

He laughed, "No problem, Fawn. Come back anytime. There's a lot I can do with a canvas like yours."

"Stop hitting on my woman, Frank," Digger warned."

They heard Frank laugh as they walked away. Then her phone rang. She stopped and pulled it out of her pocket. She didn't recognize the number.

"Hello?" She answered.

"Hello? Fawn? This is your mother," the woman on the other end said.

She rolled her eyes. "What the fuck do you want?"

"Fawn, it's your father..."