Chapter Twenty-Six

Fawn gritted her teeth and squeezed her eyes shut. Her body stung and ached, and she was shaking from the cold. Apparently they found it better to beat women in their underwear, so she was left hanging in her bra and panties.

She wasn't sure how long they had beaten her, but it didn't take long for her to just go numb. Then they just up and left, not a word, not a look back, just left. She had given herself a moment of relief. Then she quickly tried to work the chains around her wrists, she had been hoping the blood would let her hands slip through but it only made her exhausted and out of breath.

It was better if she didn't move. If she just hung there it didn't hurt so much. She was pretty sure she had a few broken ribs and she shoulders might be dislocated. Her eyes were definitely black but at least they weren't swollen.

She heard the door screeching open but she didn't lift her head. It was pointless to fight it now, there was really only one thing she'd fight against them doing to her. She would not let that happen to her again.

"You're looking a beautiful shade of black and blue," she heard a man say.

A face appeared in her line of sight, which was directed at the floor. He grinned a yellow toothed smile at her. She looked up, seeing he had brought more people with him, at least four others.

"I heard you haven't been tell my men what they want to know," he said.

She instantly realized that she was now talking to Jailer, the President of Venom's Pit. She remained quiet to answer his question.

"I suggest you tell me what I want to know, Fawn. Otherwise, things will get ugly."

She couldn't help but laugh and that caught them off guard. "Like it hasn't already gotten ugly."

He narrowed his eyes. Reaching behind him he pulled out a five inch knife. Inside she was panicking, outside she kept a blank face.

"Let's start from the top," he started flipping the knife. "Your club has that bitch of daughter of mine. I want her back. You can either deliver her to me, or you can tell us how we can get her back."

"You can't have her," she snapped. "Why the fuck would I willingly hand you a woman when I've had to deal with you first hand?"

He laughed. "Oh this is only a small amount of what we've done to her. When she first arrived with you people I had let her heal. She's been in hospitals before for much worse."

She shook her head. "What the hell is wrong with you? What kind of father would let his daughter be beaten until she's in the hospital?"

"She fucking brought it on herself. All she had to do was what she was told. But your getting me off track here," he placed the tip of the knife on her thigh, pressing enough for a sting. "How can I get to her?"

"Go to hell."

The knife pressed into her skin, dragging down slowly. Now deep enough for stitches but enough to draw blood and to be excruciating. Fawn whimpered, refusing to scream, and a tear slide down her cheek. The knife was removed and she felt blood trail down her leg.

"Would you like to tell me now?"

"Fuck you."

He placed the knife of her wrist and slashed. She sucked in a breath at the burn. Blood ran down her arm and a few drops fell on her her head and face.

"Now, we can let that bleed or you can tell me."

She tried to laugh but it hurt too much. "Like hell. I won't let you have her, even if it means I die because she's my family now. Besides, you'll just let me bleed out anyway, right? Get back at Digger..."

He punched her and her vision went black. For a second she thought he snapped her neck and killed her. Then her vision slowly returned and the light blinded her.

"Boys," she heard Jailer's voice but it was like she was underwater and hearing him, "See if you can get it out of her your way."

"No..." she croaked.

She felt hands on her wrists, taking her off the hook. They got closer to the dirty mattress and she summoned what strength she had left and began to kick and scream and thrash around. The men fought to keep a hold on her. They threw her on the mattress and she bounced. One man grabbed the chains that kept her hands together and pressed them down to the mattress.

Spain stepped forward and kicked out her leg. He sidestepped and she tried to kick him again. He grabbed her ankle and chuckled. It was low and menacing.

"I've been waiting years to have you again," he said.

"No!" She shouted over and over, fighting as best she could and ignoring the pain shooting through her body.

"Tear her down, boys. I want her broken and shattered when I come back. I want her to talk," Jailer said as he left the room.