Chapter Four

It took them a week to get back.

A week since he woke up in Fawn's shitty apartment.

A week since she threw an empty Smirnoff bottle at him for still being in her living room.

Banks was at the head of the table. Digger sat to his left and Snake sat across from him. He and Snake didn't see eye-to-eye a few months ago but they got over it after getting drunk off their asses together like brother's do.

Banks spoke, "Now moving on to that piece of news you got Digger."

Digger sat up a little straighter and made sure he had everyone's attention. "Slade talked to me when we stayed at his place. He wants to talk about opening a Peep Show here and have us run it."

Hollers went up in the room. The boys liked the idea because they didnt have a strip joint in town. Banks called a vote and it was unanimous--Peep Show was coming to town.

"Digger I want you to call Slade, tell him the news. Then I want you back on the road to make arrangements in person. Tell him well take his best girl to help set up and nothing more. You were there so you should have an idea about who that is. Understand?"

Digger grinned. He knew who the best girl was all right, but he didn't think she'd would come back willingly. "Got it, Boss."

"Good. Now that this shit is over with, I'm getting a drink," Banks banged the gavel down and stood up. "Digger make that call and set off in the morning."

The room emptied and Digger called up his friend. Slade was ecstatic that the club had agreed and told him he'd start making preperations for the new business. Digger hung up and sat there.

Usually he'd be out drinking with his brother's, maybe find a girl for the night, but tonight he just felt like hanging out with Sarah and Cole. Sure, he and Snake fixed their shit and he knew hands off toward Sarah, but they were still friends.

Sarah was actually pretty cool to hang out with, but a little scary. Everyone learned pretty quick that most of her softness was just from being pregnant. She could be a bitch if you pushed her the wrong way.

Once she caught one of the whores around Cole and she flipped her shit. Normally she's ok with it if someone is around but the whore was one she caught trying to get in bed with Snake a month after Cole was born.

Digger left the room and headed out to his bike. The ride to Sarah and Snake's house was short. He knew Snake thought Sarah would want to keep her distance from the club but she chose the closest house. Hell she was at the clubhouse damned near everyday.

He walked right into the house, yelling, "Luuucy, I'm home!"

Sarah came running around the corner, cookie dough covered spoon in hand, and jumped into a hug. "Your back!"

He laughed. "And you didn't miss me at all."

"Lies!" She said and got down out of the hug. "C'mon. Cole and I are making cookies."

She disappeared around the corner to the kitchen. Looking around, Digger liked what she did with the place. It had come a long way since they bought the place. And it looked in no way how most insides of a townhouse would be.

There was posters of Harleys and and half naked bitches. There was leather and weapons (all out of reach of the kid). The furniture wasn't fancy either. Sarah had told him that she grew up in a pristine house where everything matched and was glass and sparkling and shiny and clean and breakable. "I didn't move out to go back to that life. I'm too destructive," she had said.

Cole sat in a high chair in the kitchen and laughed as his mommy returned. Sarah went back to placing cookie dough on a pan.

Digger crouched down in front of cole. "Hey little man. Giving mommy hell like I taught you?"

He laughed, clapping and Digger grinned. "Atta boy."

Sarah shook her head. "Snake still at the clubhouse?"

"Yea, when I left he was having a beer with Wash." He said and stole some cookie dough.

She scowled at him then smiled. "I swear, I'm surrounded by too many men."

"Most women would be happy to in your shoes. Surrounded by hot guys, waiting to do her bidding," he teased.

"Your terrible. The road hasn't changed you at all."

"Speaking of which--"

"No sir. You just got back. You're not leaving again. I'll call Banks myself and tell him I said so."

"Banks may like you and respect you as an Old Lady and love that you've taken over the books, but he's not gonna take orders from you. Besides, I do have some good news."

She frowned and narrowed her eyes.

"I saw Fawn."

Her eyes brighten and a smile appeared on her face. "Where? Is she ok? Is gonna come visit soon? Tell me everything."

"Uh..." he rubbed the back of his neck and looked down. "She kind of works at a strip club. One that wants to extend down here. She seems ok though."

"A... strip club..." she said it as if it tasted bad on her tongue. "Why?"

"My guess is the money."

The front door burst open then. Snake came into the kitchen, picked up his son and spun him around. Then, holding Cole tucked in his arm, he pulled Sarah into him and kissed her fiercely.

"I'm pretty sure that's mouth rape. If not, there's a bedroom upstairs," Digger said.

To add effect, Cole slapped his father upside the head. Snake closed his eyes, then kissed Cole on the cheek.

"Be nice if you'd told me you were goin to my house." Snake said.

Digger shrugged. "Came to talk to a friend."

Snake grunted. "Say night to Mama and Uncle Digger."

Sarah covered Cole's face in kisses and Digger ruffled his hair. Snake disappeared upstairs and returned with the baby monitor. Sarah placed it on the counter.

"Digger says he saw Fawn. Apparently, she works at a strip club," Sarah said, filling in Snake. Then, changing the subject a bit, she asked, "So is she gonna visit soon?"

"I think I may have a way for her to move back," he grinned.

Sarah looked confused and so did Snake for a moment. Then realization dawned on him. A grin broke on his face and he chuckled.

"You bastard," he chuckled.