Chapter Fourteen

A few hours later, Fawn, Sarah, and Mix found themselves at the local bar. They had gotten tired of cleaning and decided to have a little down time and a lot of shots.

"Shots are what got me into trouble the last time I was out with friends!" Sarah yelled over the music, her words a little slurred.

Fawn burst out laughing. They were all way past sober and definitely past tipsy. Fawn was laughing so hard she almost fell out of her chair, which caused her friends to laugh. Then her phone pinged.

Digger: Where are you?

Fawn: Out

Digger: Out where?

Fawn: With friends

Digger: Knock it the fuck off Fawn. No one has heard from you in hours. Where the fuck are you?

Fawn: Havin a few drink

She pressed 'send' before her alcohol mind could realize what she had just done. "Oh shit," she said out loud.

"What?" Mix asked, pulling herself back onto the seat.

"Fuck, I just told Digger where we were."

"Noooo, Fawn," Sarah said. "Digger is gonna tell Snake and he's gonna come get me. I love Cole, but I don't wanna go back to being mommy just yet." She pouted.

Digger: Just you n Sarah or are you with more pains in our asses?

"He wants to know how many of us there are," she said.

"Well tell him I'm here, cause I'm drunk and horny and I wanna get laid by a sexy biker." Mix said. "Also I need a ride."

They laughed and took another shot.

Fawn: And Mix. She says to bring someone sexy kuz she want to get LAID!

Fawn then stood up. "Gotta pee," she said quickly and pushed her way through the crowd. She did her business and tried to get back to her friends.

She was pushed from behind and fell forward, knocking into someone. She felt their drink running down her shirt.

"Shit, I'm sorry," she said, trying to swipe the drink away.

"You're fine," said a deep voice.

She froze, sobering really quick. That voice--she knew it from somewhere. Looking up, she stopped at his neck, seeing a tattoo of a skull with a knife in its mouth. She knew that tattoo.

She felt the guy move in closer and her instincts screamed run. He whispered in her ear, "Good to see you again, Daino. Did you miss me?" He chuckled and she began to hyperventilate.

He ran the back of his hand down her cheek. Everyone seemed oblivious to their interation.

"Get your fuckin hand off my woman!"

Fawn could have busted into tears with relief. Digger couldn't have picked a better timing.

She felt him lean in closer, his lips feather light on her ear. "I'll see you again, Daino."

Then he was gone and she was pulled into Digger's strong embrace. Tears began to pool in her eyes as she struggled to keep it together.

******

Digger held Fawn and scanned the crowd for the next douchebag on his hit list. He was nowhere to be seen, just simply fucking vanished.

Fawn began to tremble and he looked down at her. Her face was ashen, eyes dull and lifeless with tears glisteningin them. As much as he wanted to track down then fucker, his priority was getting Fawn out of there.

"Let's go, Doe," he said.

"Please," she said, her voice weak with desperation, "don't call me that."

He nodded and pulled her toward the door. Snake had already taken Sarah back to the clubhouse, bursting through the bar doors and throwing her over his shoulder. They realized they had to talk to their women about going or for drinks.

Digger got on his bike, handing the helmet to Fawn. She put it on and climbed on behind him, her arms wrapping tight around him. He made the ride fast, getting back to the clubhouse in less than ten minutes.

When they walked in, Sarah jumped up from her sitting place on the couch. Snake was leaning against the bar, cleaning under his nails with a knife.

"Shit, Fawn, are you ok?" Sarah asked. She gripped Fawn's arms, starting at her face.

"She's fine," he said. "Just some dick trying to get at her."

"No, she's not. Something is wrong!" Sarah insisted.

Fawn gave a weak smile. "I'm fine, really. Where's Mix?"

"Rampage has her," Snake said.

"You're idiots," Fawn's eyes went wide.

"Shut up and sit on the couch. Both of you." Snake ordered.

Sarah grabbed Fawn's hand and stuck her tongue out at her old man. Digger shook his head. He grabbed two seats and placed them in front of the couch. Snake took one and he took the other.

"This stunt you pulled tonight was dangerous," he said.

"We just had a few drinks!" Sarah exclaimed.

"Without telling anyone," Digger said. "I figured y'all would go out, but I also thought you were smart enough to call in. Especially you, Fawn. You've been with the club longer."

Fawn didn't say anything, just looked down. That was unusual.

"After this morning, it'd be in your best interest to stay close and in touch and keep a brother or prospect on you." Snake said.

Fawn looked up, confused. Still no words but she wants to know what happened--that was clear.

Sighing, Digger dragged his hand down his face and said, "That Cory guy, wasn't here to visit. He was sent here. Someone paid him to come here and scare you, Fawn."

Her bottom lip began to tremble.

"We're not saying this to scare you," Snake said.

"Well you're doing a fine job," Sarah narrowed her eyes.

"All we're saying is to keep us up to date on what the hell you're doing from now on," Snake growled.

"Fine," Sarah said, crossing her arms. "Who has Cole?"

"Wash," Snake narrowed his eyes at his Old Lady.

"Good. You ruined my night so now you have to make it up to me."

Snake flashed a wolf-ish grin before picking Sarah up and walking out the doors. Fawn wrapped her arms around herself. Digger stood up and picked her up, carrying her to their room.

He placed her on the bed, kissed her head and went to take a shower. She was still in the same spot when he came out. She looked up at him.

"I need to tell you something..."