Chapter Eight

God damn, he fucked up.

A month. A month he went without talking to her. Sure he went two months when she moved without talking to her, but now he was seeing her every damned day. She was right in front of him, he could hear her voice, but she wouldn't talk to him.

It was killing him.

He remembered everything from that night. Did he regret it like she said he would? Part of him did because he knew better, the other part was pissed off he didn't go after her and continued where they left off. He was too drunk to pick a side and by the time he went to look for her, she was long gone.

It had been two weeks since he filled her in about running Peep Show and the girls. She talked to him on occasion, but it was mostly about the strip club. She never mentioned that night.

Now, he was talking to her in Peep Show. The place was coming along. The set up was pretty much the same as the original. A T-stage with a pole at the end, circular bar opposite of the stage, and tables scattered around and along the walls and stage. Toward the back wall, opposite the entrance door, was the door to the hallway with the VIP rooms.

The walls were red with black lining. All the seating was leather and either black or red. The tables were black and some had Harleys or Harleys with bitches on them in the center of the tables. The club had a touch of biker to it. He knew it was all part of Fawn's plan and she pulled it off damn fucking well.

He could see the new sound system that still needed to be hooked up. Just by looking at it, he knew that baby could burst an eardrum.

He grinned like a mad man when he saw one of the walls lines with cases of alcohol. Ranging from kegs to a variety of beer to bottles of liquor--Jim Beam, Jack Daniel's, Vodka, Whiskey, Fireballs, you name it and Fawn ordered it. He watched as some girls stocked the bar and some guys took the beer to the walk-in located behind the bar.

"Eyes off my beer and bitches," Fawn said, as she scribbled something on a clipboard. She handed the board back to one of the girls. "Go ahead and make those posters I asked and have some of the girls go around town and put them up, ok?"

"Sure thing, Bambi." The girl smiled and walked off.

"Going by Bambi?" He asked.

She shrugged, "If I'm gonna run strippers, I figured I'd try to relate and go by my stripper name. Doesn't mean you get to call me it though."

"Gotcha," he said. Silence fell between them. "Looks almost done."

"Just need the girls," she said. Then she turned to one of the guys, "Set up the sound system please. I want the four big ones in each corner of the room. And I want little speakers with volume adjusters in the booths. Oh! And don't forget the personal ones in the VIP rooms. Thanks, Henry."

"When will auditions be?"

"Why wanna watch?" She smirked. "It's ok, I actually found watching to be arousing. I now know why you guys like it so much. Plus some of the girls have no idea what they're doing and it's hilarious."

"No, I don't wanna watch. I wanna make sure to put a member or a Prospect on you. You never know."

She looked at him. "Why do you call them 'Prospects'? Why not their names?"

He shook his head. "Just like us, Prospect's only use their road name, if they don't have one then their called Prospect. Gotta earn your name, sweetheart."

"How'd you get yours?"

He felt himself tense. "Not that hard to figure out," his voice was colder and harder than he meant for it to be.

Did he have a problem doing things for the club like killing and disposing of the bodies? No.

Did he want Fawn to know that side of him? Fuck no.

"I gotta run," he said. He walked out of the door as fast as he could. The sun hit him as soon as he stepped out.

He heard the door slam, then Fawn's boots as she ran toward him. "Wait! Digger!"

He didn't stop. She gripped his arm and he turned around. "What did I say? I'm sorry, I didn't mean anything."

"It's not you, Doe," he shook his head. "I just don't want you to know that side of me. You're too good for the shit I've done."

Before she could say anything, he pulled her close, her hands came up to his chest, and he kissed her. His tongue ran along her lips until she opened up to him and his tongue slipped inside. Their tongues danced together. Her hands gripped his cut into a fist.

He pulled back. Fawn's eyes were hooded, her breaths labored. Then that fucking nose of her twitch. He shook his head, tangling his hand in her hair.

"This has to stop. I won't corrupt you." Before she could say anything, he got on his bike and rode off.

She stood there, confused, as she watched him ride away.