Chapter Fifteen

He stopped. His heart stopped. Everything stopped.

"Tell me what?" He asked cautiously.

"Just don't- don't look at me any differently. Please."

He stopped breathing. He was praying to God that she's wasn't about to say that she was sent here to kill him or get information on the club. He wouldn't be able to handle it if he lost her.

"As long as your not about to tell me your about to betray me then we'll be ok," he said. He tossed the towel on the couch and pulled on a clean pair of jeans.

"No!" She said quickly. "God, no. Never, Digger, I swear. You and club mean everything to me."

He nodded and waited for her to continue.

She took in a deep breath. "The guy from the bar... I know him, sort of. I've never seen his face. When I ran into him at the bar I was too scared to look past the tattoo on his neck because I had seen that tattoo before, it's hard for me to forget--" her words rushed out of her mouth as she began to ramble.

"Whoa, whoa, Fawn slow down. Take a breath and start from the beginning. Something about the douche from the bar?" He asked calmly. "What tattoo?"

"O-on his neck. There's a tattoo of a skull with a knife in its mouth. I've seen it once before." She pursed her lips.  "It haunts me..."

His brows pulled together, "Why?"

"You remember four years ago? When I asked you if you wanted me and you told me no?"

He scoffed. How could he forget? That was one of the stupidest things he'd ever done. Turn her down and watch her walk away--he regretted that night every day and night since.

"Unfortunately," he said. "Why?"

She looked away, but not before he saw her eyes glistening. "I was almost home when it happened..."

His blood ran cold. "When what happened?"

"He just showed up," her voice cracked and a tear ran down her cheek. "I wasn't paying attention, I didn't see him... he was too strong..."

"Fawn, no," he whispered. He got on his knees in front of her. His hands cupped her face and she gripped his wrists.

"He raped me," she sobbed. "I didn't see his face but I saw his tattoo and it's haunted me. It's why I couldn't look at him tonight because I was too scared. I know it's him, not just because of the tattoo but because of what he called me: Daino. Then and tonight."

While she was talking, he scooped her up and sat on the bed, placing her in his lap. He wrapped his arms around her tight and listened.

"Daino? Sounds Italian." He said. He spoke calmly, but he was shaking with rage. Now he really wanted to find this asshole and kill him.

She cried on his shoulder.

"It was your first time, wasn't it?" He asked after remembering an old conversation.  She hesitated but nodded. "Shit, baby. I'm so fucking sorry."

"It's not your fault," she said.

"I shouldn't have told you no. I should have made you mine then. If had we wouldn't have lost years and that would have never happened to you."

She was silent for so long he though she had fallen asleep. Then she asked, "Where do we stand, Digger?"

He hooked a finger under her chin, tipping her head up to look at him. "Well I was kinda hoping we'd stop playing this cat and mouse game. I want you, Fawn, and not just in my bed. I want you by my side and on the back of my bike. I want you as my Old Lady."

A smile spread across her face and it stole his breath. "Fucking about time, bastard. Waiting for you to man up has been torture in itself."

"Man up? Excuse me miss, but do you know how hard it was to keep my dick away from you for years?"

Fawn giggled and her nose twitched. He kissed her, which quickly turned into having her flat on her back and both of them naked.

He made love to her. Going slow and tender; kissing and memorizing every inch of her body, every sound she made. Their fingers intertwined and they stared each other in the eyes as they came. She let out a loud scream of pleasure, he couldn't take his eyes off her.

He held her until she fell asleep, kissing her head.

Though he was at peace for the moment, he couldn't shake the feeling that the guy from the bar, the guy from four years ago, was who hired Cory. Makes since for her rapist to hire someone to try and rape her. But why come back? And why after so long?