Chapter Five

Fawn walked next to Cory in the mall. They had just gotten out of a movie and had decided to walk around the mall. She couldn't help but feel a little giddy. This was her first date in... well... years.

They hadn't met at her work--thank God. They had met a few weeks ago at the community fair. They swapped numbers and texted until he finally asked her out. He knew she worked at a strip club but he didn't care or mind. "Times are tough, you do what you gotta do," he said.

It had gone wonderful. Cory was a total gentleman. He was funny and smart and he never brought up her employment.

They held hands as they walked toward the food court. And she smiled. She was actually at peace for once. She couldn't remember the last time that happened.

"So what are in the mood for?" Cory asked. "Italian? Mexican, Chinese, subs? Take your pick."

She smiled up at him.

Cory was jerked away from her the next minute. She turned a shocked look toward the person responsible. Her shock quickly turned to furry and she stepped forward and pushed against his chest.

"What the hell, Digger?"

"Who's the dick?" Digger asked.

"He's not a dick. His name is Cory and we're on a date. What the hell are you doing here?"

Digger wasn't supposed to be here. He left two weeks ago and he wasn't supposed be back. So what was he doing here and how the hell had he found her?

Digger stared at Cory, his face showing the rage that radiated off of him. Cory looked confused but stared at Digger. She could see Cory eyeing Digger's cut.

"You know him, Fawn?" Cory asked.

"Yea, unfortunately."

Digger shot her a look. "Don't give a fuck what his name is, he can fuck off. You're coming with me."

"I'm not going anywhere with you. I'm on a date with Cory and we're not done yet."

"Too bad."

"Who is this guy, Fawn?" Cory asked.

Digger shot him a look. "Why don't you shut the fuck up, pretty boy, before a shove my foot up your ass. Hit the road."

Cory's eyes widened. He kissed her on the cheek, "I'll call you later."

Fawn watched as Cory left. She turned her fury onto Digger. "What. The. Fuck. Who the hell do you think you are? You can't just appear, disappear, then reappear and get rid of the guy I'm on a date with."

"Slade sent me," Digger said, ignoring her words. "Been trying to call you but you didn't answer."

"I'm not going into work just because you're here." She said as she started to walk away.

"He doesn't want you to work. He needs to talk to you."

~~~~~~

"No matter what you say Slade, I'm not going." Fawn said an hour later.

She, Slade, Digger, Viper, Falcon, and even Snake, all sat at one of the circular tables in Peep Show. They had been there for a good half hour trying to convince her to go back with them. Why? To open a Peep Show.

Banks had told Digger to pick which girl he thought was best and bring her back to run things. Only, Banks didn't know she worked there and Banks didn't know that Digger would pick her. Her odds were terrible because ever since the boys left two weeks ago, opening another Peep Show was all Slade could talk about.

"C'mon, Fawn. Your our best girl and that's who Banks asked for. Honestly, I don't wanna let you go cause of how much you bring in, but this could be big for us." Slade said.

She looked at Digger. "There's a reason why I moved."

Digger didn't show any emotion, but the other men looked confused at hell. As far as she knew none of them knew about her determination to be with Digger years ago. She'd given up on that dream and to make sure she wasn't tempted, she moved until she was sure.

Right now she was pretty sure she hated his guts.

She looked at Slade, saw the plead in his eyes. This was important to him. She could do this for him because he wasn't just her boss, he was her friend. She just had to make sure she didn't fall for a certain biker again.

"Fine, Slade. I'll do it." She sighed.

"Thank you, Bambi." He winked.

"Yea, yea, shove it. You owe me."

"Alright, let's go pack your shit. We leave in the morning." Digger said.

She could argue, but she learned after years of dealing with him that it was pointless. Instead, she got up to going into the dressing room to pack her things in there.

Shelia was in there, cleaning up. By the look on her face she had already seen thing coming. She pulled out a box and helped Fawn pack. They didn't talk just packed then hugged.

At her apartment, Fawn threw stuff into her suitcase and some boxes. She didn't have much so it didn't take her long to pack. Digger watched her every move and followed her around. It was like he expected her to run or something. Tempting, but no.

******

Digger watched Fawn. Not because he was worried she'd back out, but because of how much she had changed in the two weeks he was gone.

She had cut her dark hair short. It now reached her shoulder and had red highlights. There was something else, something about the way she held herself making it seem like she was untouchable.

When he was looking for her in the mall, he didn't recognize her. Until he saw her smile, he could never forget that smile.

For her to smile at that asswipe pissed him way the fuck off. More than it should have. He gave the guy props for attempting to stand up to him. It took him everything he had not to send the guy over the railing when he kissed Fawn.

This was the point he realized he was jealous. Digger had never been jealous before. He'd never had a reason to be. And Fawn had never gone on a date before.

He had to get her home and get away from her. Someone else could take over from there. He needed to go on a ride or find a bitch or fucking something. Anything to keep his mind off of Fawn's ass.