Chapter Twenty-Seven

Fawn sobbed. She didn't care if they saw, she was powerless.

She was feeling dizzy and lightheaded. Her leg and wrist were still bleeding. She felt like she had to fight to keep her vision from blurring.

Spain was reaching for his belt when they heard it. The building shook as an explosion went off. People were yelling outside the door, she could hear them running around, things being knocked over and broken.

Spain yelled at two men to go check things out. He gripped her jaw, squeezing tight. "You got lucky. For now."

She yanked her jaw out of his grip. He walked to the door and she tried pulling on her wrists but the men still held them down.

He yanked her arms up, causing her to groan. "Nice try, bitch."

Jailer came in then, he stared her down and spoke to his men. "Get her out of her. Take her to the next location and wait for me there. Now."

He left and Spain and the other guy lifted her and carried her toward the back of the building. She took this moment and screamed at the top of her lungs.

******

Digger ran inside the building as soon as they blew up the  front the the building. He had glocks in each hand and started firing. His brothers were right behind him.

Gun shots and screams were the only sounds heard. He worked his way to the back, the room Rampage figured Fawn would be him. Snake was behind him and he could see Rampage out of the corner of his eye, throwing grenades.

He heard an ear piercing scream and knew it was Fawn. He ran down the hall, following the sound of the scream until it stopped.

Digger saw an open metal door and looked inside. There was a pool of blood on the floor and on the mattress in two places. Digger gritted his teeth and continued, followed the drops of blood on the ground.

The back door was cracked open, the cold fall air coming through. He could hear people arguing and a door sliding open.

"Goddamn Warriors, always coming at the worst fucking times," one grumbled.

Digger and Snake stepped into the ally. There were two guys, standing by the side of the truck, the door still open and he could see Fawn curled up. He saw the tattoo on one guys neck as he turned to them--guns up.

"So your the rapist," Digger said.

The guy grinned. "So she told you about me. Too bad you told her no, right? You there's something about when a girl is a virgin. She screams more, fights more." He laughed, "She definitely fought. Very adiment that you be her first."

Digger lowered his gun and shot the fucker in his knee. He fell to the ground. Snake shot the other guy between the eyes. Digger ran forward and kick and the bastard in the dick before he climbed inside the van.

Fawn cried, "No, no, no..."

She flinched when he tried to pick her up and it broke his heart. "Shh, Fawn. It's me. It's Digger..."

More tears streamed down her face and she let him pick her up. She cried out and he adjusted her until she was comfortable. He got her out of the van and Snake picked up the guy and threw him in.

"It hurts," she cried.

"I know, Doe. I know. We're gonna get you some help."

Banks came out then, gun in hand. "Holy hell," he muttered. "Snake, take them to the hospital,  take the guy in the back to the she'd and meet us there."

Snake nodded and they got in the van. At least they didn't have to hot wire it--fucker left the keys in the ignition. Snake took all the back roads and broke all the speed limits, dropping them off at the hospital.

In the ally light he didn't really see how made she was. In the florescent hospital lights, he cringe. She was black and blue everywhere, busted lip, black eyes ad one was swelling. She had a cut across her wrist and one down her leg. He fucking hated she was like this. He  knew shed hate being taken into the hospital in her underwear, but he had to think about her wellbeing first.

The nurses gasps as soon as they stepped through, running toward them. They eyed his cut but directed her to a bed in the hall.

"She needs Dr. Holstein," he said. Fawn whimpered and gripped his hand.

The nurses left but one, getting her information. He had known her so long and so well he knew everything and answered for Fawn.

The doctor arrived five minutes later. He was on the payroll and knew to keep things hush hush, the only problem would be the nurses. They weren't on payroll and unless they could come up with a good story or the doc got them to shut up, they'd be a problem.

Fawn quickly got in a room where Doc looked her over. Digger had to wait outside. The club came bursting into the hospital and the nurses eyed them.

"What's goin on?" Banks asked.

"Doc is in with her now," he said. He cringed when he heard her scream.

Viper nodded toward the nurses. "They taken care of?"

"Not yet."

"Better think of something soon," Hatchett was looking at them whisper to each other. "Don't need you locked up."

He nodded and stood up as the doc came from the room, closing the door. "How bad?"

He sighed and shook his head. "She had a shoulder dislocated so I believe she was suspended by her arms--I popped it back in place. She has three broken ribs. The cuts don't need stitches so I wrapped them up. She was beaten badly, boys. It'll take her a while to heal completely."

"What about..." Digger trailed off.

"There were no signs of rape, thank God." Doc said.

After everyone took that moment of relief, Washington said, "Can you take care of the nurses? We can't have Digger going to jail when he needs to take care of Fawn."

"Too late," Rampage said.

They turned toward the emergency doors and saw two officers entering. The looked at the club and walked to the desk, speaking with one of the nurses. She pointed toward Digger and his head fell back.

"Fuck me," he groaned.

"We'll talk to Sheriff Jordan," Banks said. "See if we can clear this shit up."

The officers stepped over. "You the one that come in with the battered woman?" One asked Digger.

"You're gonna have to come with us for questioning."