Our beginning

My ribs still hurt, my lip is still busted, it makes it hard to smile but I have to. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna lose my sight on my left eye and its badly bruised but nothing a little make up cant handle.

I need a job, Lana needs me to do this.

I put on my best outfit, and made my way to the door, we are staying at a small studio. No rooms, no privacy just a bathroom, very small kitchen and a bed that we share it's all I managed to get with the money I had been taking from my dad and uncle. And its gonna have to work until I can do better. I've been looking for a job and before I applied to a house keeping position at a Club House of some sort I wanted to go make sure I would be safe. I dont feel very comfortable around guys but this is probably a family type of place so I'm sure I'll be fine, you know what they say, you wont ever get over your past, just gotta learn to live with it and this is me learning to live and moving on. I said my goodbyes to Lana and prayed to God that this was a good idea.

I arrive at what looked like an old college building, it was a 30 minute walk and I was sweating a little but I didnt want to spend money on a cab. I wanted to make it last as much as possible the place was surrounded by gates, between the gaps of the gates I could see a lot of bikes and man walking around, all wearing a leather vest some that read The Inferno Wolfs. The building was all brick with glass doors that let you look in to what I assume was the front room but it was to far away for me to tell, the outside had vines going up on the edges and around some windows. It's a long building three stories  tall surrounded by grass and trees some picnic tables and a playground at a corner. That was a good sing right if theres a playground then there most definitely are kids.

I notice a guy making his way toward the gate, a very serious look on his face. The guy had blonde hair and soft brown eyes, he looked to be 5"8' and also had on a leather vest with white shirt under, black jeans and boots. He stoped right infront of me on the other side of the gate and looked me up and down. I might have look a little off my jeans were baggy I had on a black blouse my hair was up in a bun and I had some ballerina flats.

"Can I help you?" His voice caused me to flinch a little and instantly I took a step back shaking my head.

"Are you looking for some one." Again I took another step back. This was a bad idea I should have stayed home. I'll look for a job where I dont have to work around people, in a kitchen, with children, dogs, anything but men.

His eyebrows furrowed and his head tilted to the side his hand went in his pockets and he just watch me while I slowly took steps away from him moving back keeping my eyes on the man making shore he didnt come after me. I have to move slowly, I dont want to give him an excuse to step out and come towards me. Get closer then he already did.

I made it a couple more steps when the sound of bikes approaching caught my attention and then the sound of the gates rolling open to the side, my hands started to shake my good eye lost its focus and I held my breath.

Please dont come closer, stay there, let me leave. Lana needs me, shes waiting for me.

My eyes started to sting a little my throught constricted and I started to get dizzy.

I gotta breath, god dammit breath!

The sounds of the bikes stopped and everything went quiet, for a second I thought I was save and took a big gulp of air. My eye started to focuse again and I notice all the guys that were standing around me.

"Hey, you ok? You dont look to good."

My head turn to where the voice was coming and there stood the scariest man I've ever seen he had blue almost grey eyes, sharp squared jaw, high cheekbones, piercings lots of them and tattoos everywhere this guy was the definition of scary this guy was not some one I wanted to be around I take in all the other guys and notice they were all equally as scary and again I took a step back, somehow I had managed to get myself against a wall, I felt it solfty make contact with me indicating g I had nowhere else to go I looked back at the guy with the piercings and tattoos when he spoke again.

"No need to be scared." He lifted his hand up and brought it up to my face but a little squeak sound came out of me as my eyes slammed shot and my body jerked to the side making my ribs hurt slightly more, my arms went around my torso to contain the pain a little but it either didnt work or the frantic shaking my body was going through wasnt allowing the pain to subside. I felt the tears begging to trace down my face, creating a silent road of suffering. It was my mind and its old habits playing games with me, telling me I was now in danger and it would happen again.

I didnt feel his hand on my face so I slowly opend my eyes and caught him looking at my ribs and them my face he went back and forth a couple of times then looked to his side, as if confirming what he had seen. The guy to his side looked mad hands fisted and baring his teeth looking straight at me. His friend, at least I'm assuming it's his friend, whispered something to his ear and he took of the crowd parting for him.

Then all heads snapped back towards me.

"Hey sweetie" he speaks again, with a much calmer voice but I could hear the anger, hatred and loath in it."want to tell me if you are ok? Do you need any help?" I shake my head and start to look around trying to find a way out of this but there was none. Accepting that if something was to happen there was nowhere for me to leave I slide myself to the floor, brought my knees to my chest and hid my head between them crying with loud sobs while hugging my legs.

I dont know how long I was there for but when I looked back up there he was sitting infront of me legs crossed hands on his knees. This time it was only him, he said nothing just sat there watching me. I wanted to run but he was so close that I knew if I tried he could get me fast, and runing only made things worst.

"Its ok if you dont want to talk, but I need to know if you need help." I shake my head again at him and his lips form a frown as if he wasnt believing me.

"Ok, my name is Kevin, why are you here?" I look to the side and back toward him i slowly stand up deciding I would risk it it was a 50/50 chance. I didnt make 2 steps to the right and a hand wrapped itself around my wrist and just as fast a scream left my lips, I didnt know what cause it I couldn't really hear it but I knew it was happening because my throught was vibrating and starting to feel uncomfortable my mouth was open as wide as it could go and my head was thrown back with my eyes looking at the clear blue sky, such a nice day. He let go and stepped away giving me the space needed to calm down.

My body was shaking, my hand were sweating and my eyes just keped leaking, I was sure by now my makeup was gone and he could see the shiner I was sporting but I didnt care, I just wanted to go home, I wanted it all to end. I had thought that the fire would have burn every evidence of what I had gone throw but it turns out I myself had a huge file stored away un my brain. And it decided to make an appearance now, I wasnt to mad, i was more proud of myself for actually being able to voice that I didnt like it. It might not have been in a voluntary way, or in the proper way but it was the only way I could and that thankfully didnt stop me.

I once again took a step away, noticing he didnt move I took another and another. Then I heard the pounding of feet, no, it was heavier it was boots, boots that belong to all those scary man, man that I belive were runing to get to us. My scream alerted them and they were on there way to help him. Without a second thought I started to run again. Heading home, away from here and away from them!

"HEY! WHEN EVER YOUR READY TO TALK, I'LL BE HERE! REMEMBER, ASK FOR KEVIN!!" he yelled behind me while I ran as fast as I could away from him, hoping none of them were following me.

I made the 30 minute walking distance in 15. Took a shower and went to bed hoping that a nap would shed away all the fear that had crawled it's way up my spine, but as soon as I closed my eyes I saw him, Kevin just staring at me and that scared me more. So I opted on keeping my eyes open and my head clear. I dont need anymore scary and abusive man in my live. I will never go back there.

Vote, comment and share.

Until next time!