I don't need anyone | Taehyung

I don't need anyone A short Taehyung imagine

I don't need anyone
A short Taehyung imagine

I grabbed my keys and shut the door before walking outside. Today is the last day of the school, well logically speaking last day where I will be spending full day in school. After that we have couple of weeks holidays and then final exams.

Gosh, exams!

But I'm more excited about the thing going to happen after school today. I've been waiting for this day for so long. He promised that we could go out today after school.

Kim Taehyung...

Just the thought of his name makes my heart flutter and gives butterflies in my stomach.  I pulled my cycle out of the stand and walked along with it to the road. I pedaled it lazily, without any hurry to the school. I couldn't be excited because I'm not going to see Taehyung in the school anyway. Taehyung and I go to different schools.

"Hey! Up for a party today evening in Sharda house?" my friend asked me. I nodded in negotiation.

"I've got plans," I told her. She squinted her eyes and smiled raising her brows. She cooed and smirked.

"Boyfriend huh?" she asked nudging my shoulder. I smiled as I shook my head.

"I don't know, may be," I whispered in her ear. She whistled and smirked again. I was restless the whole day. I couldn't wait for the school to be over. I had a temptation to skip the school from afternoon and get away but if Taehyung knows, he will bite me. He is pretty strict about studies so we don't even get to hang out during exams. Damn that guy! I practically dashed out of the school after final bell. If I had participated in a running competition I would have bagged a first price. For sure.

I pedaled to the promised meeting spot and looked around for him. It was an old park. No one really comes there. So more private space. Yep. He is never late. And turned around and smiled. There he was. Walking hurriedly to me. His hair danced to the evening breeze as he walked.

"Had to collect and submit the assignments of the whole class," he said combing his hair with his fingers.

"Oh, it's fine. I didn't wait at all. I just got here," I said titling my head and smiling.

"Wait, I brought us something," he said as he pulled out our favorite snack out of the bag. I widened my eyes and did dramatic sounds as he gave it to me.

"You are so dramatic," he said shaking his head and having a bite. I smiled through the stuffed cheeks. We spent the rest of the time talking and talking well mostly talking. I whined as he said it was time for us to part. I begged him to stay for more time. He did and finally when my extension of time never ended. He lovingly warned me to go home. So I did. But I managed to meet him on coming Saturday. More like managed to convince him to come to my home after going on a picnic. He said yes right away. Such a sweet heart.

I am dramatic enough to mark the calendar and cross the dates till Saturday. Yes, I did that. I carefully chose my picnic outfit and didn't let my mother help me in kitchen that day. I did everything by myself. Taehyung really likes the bread sweet I make. So I put some extra effort in it.

"I wonder who that guy. I never really saw you in kitchen except to get something to eat," my father said leaning his shoulder to the kitchen entrance arch. I laughed.

"You will see when I bring him home today," I said and my dad made a surprising sound.

"Oh, so I will get to see the guy huh?" he said and I nodded. I walked to him and fed him with a spoon of bread sweet.

"How is it dad?" I asked clutching the spoon close to my chest. He squinted his eyes and mused before answering.

"That is amazing," he smiled and I jumped letting out an yes.

Taehyung insisted that he would come and pick me up but I said otherwise. I asked him to come to the picnic spot straight. He was already there by the time I went. Smiling widely as he saw me. I wanted to run but I didn't as I didn't want to ruin the neatly arranged contents in the picnic basket.

Our picnic went all sweet and semi romantic. As I anticipated Taehyung loved the bread sweet. He was letting out satisfied sounds as long as he ate that. I teased him a bit about how he was a messy eater smearing the sweet all over his lips and around them. He didn't seem to pay attention to what I'm telling him a lot but rather immersed in eating. We talked a lot and Taehyung was sad at how I have more holidays before my finals than be did. His finals start earlier than mine.

"It's okay. It's only a week. You can live," I said brushing his hair. He looked at me and smiled.

"It's getting dark, shall we move?" He asked. It was okay until I asked him and it was also okay when I told my father in the  morning about this. But now I'm nervous. Taehyung seemed to catch what I'm feeling and put his hand on mine.

"It's okay. We are going to be fine," he said. I  believed him. We reached home and I tried not be nervous when I pressed the door bell. My mother opened the door with a smile and slight confusion on her face.

"Oh you are back," she said looking at me and around me. I smiled and walked in. I nodded at Taehyung to come in and he did.

"Where is father?" I asked and my dad emerged out of his study room.

"Mom and dad, meet the love of my life Kim Taehyung," I said and smiled at Taehyung.

"Hi sir," he said nodding at my father  "Hi Mom," he said to my mother. Both my mother and father cast me confused glances. I looked at them and signalled them to say hi to him. My dad opened his mouth to say something but closed it.

"Dad, mom?" I said starting to feel uncomfortable. Taehyung looked uncomfortable too.

"Honey? There- there is," my mother paused as a tear escaped her eye.

"Sweety, there is no one beside you," my dad said taking a step forward.

"What Taehyung is right beside me," I said looking at Taehyung. My dad took out the polaroid camera and snapped a picture. A small white photo paper emerged out of it. He waited until it developed and handed it to me. My breathing got heavy and sweat broke on my forehead. The picture was screaming with me and me only in it. The space beside me was empty.

"Dad-d?" it was barely a whisper.

Hallucinations

A perception of having seen, heard, touched, tasted or smelled something that wasn't actually there.

It's scary