Chapter Five: Obligatory Lazy Town joke (Fortilla's Challenge)

"This is the final clip, folks! The competition looks tight - so far, we've got ONE correct answer so far!" Amarin pointed towards the screen. "Will someone be able to get this one right as well?!"

"I... don't know?" Huey cocked his head to one side. 

Tacolb sighed, pulling up his tablet. "I'll get the clip."

Meanwhile, on the contestants' side, three of the partygoers attempted to cover their ears and/or knock themselves out. Flavio had been bragging about his two points for roughly half an hour, and it was a half an hour they never wanted to relive.

"And at that point, it appeared all was lost, but with my daring courage... I selected the correct answer!"

"WE KNOW." Goomboss yelled.

"WE WERE THERE." Mr L added.

"AND IT WAS ONLY THIRTY MINUTES AGO." Bombette finished. 

"Hush now! The clip is beginning!" yelled Amarin from across the stage. "All right, here we go!"

As the screen flared to life once again, the speakers began to tremble. Bubbles flowed out, filling the entire room with foam. And then a giant, shaking "BUP" shook the very ocean that day. Five Snifits in the audience were knocked out from the blast. Rogueport suffered from extreme waves. Sushie got knocked into a lake. A few drops of water made it to the moon.

"All right, then!" Huey yelled. "How many Toads were onscreen? Each 'BUP' signified the appearance of one Toad, so get to work!"

Every contestant that wasn't Flavio turned to each other. Then they frantically slammed a foot or a hand into their bell, depending on their species.

"Oh, that was fast. But the first ringer was... Mr L! Your answer?" 

"Uh, three hundred and seventy-two?"

"Wrong. Next... King Goomba!"

"Forty-two. Million."

"Nope. Bombette?"

All eyes turned to the little Bob-Omb, who squeaked and shrunk back in her little bubble. Shaking her head, she stood up again. "Eighty-one thousand, seven hundred and thirty-six."

With her answer, the gaze of the audience turned to Tacolb, who promptly dropped his tablet. However, since they were underwater, his tablet just fell out of his bubble and promptly short-circuited, zapping anyone who was unwise enough to stay out of the water.

"... you are correct." 

"WHAT A TWIST! Bombette of the Mushroom Kingdom now has two points - just enough to take the lead with Flavio!"

"Wait, what? No." Finally, Foppish Gourmet Weekly's editor turned to see one of his opponents' scores rise high enough to match his. "No! I demand a rematch!"

"That means we have a tie! Congratulations, you two!" The host turned to their mostly-reeling audience. "A big hand for our two winners here! Your prizes will be just down this pipe. Until next time, everyone!"

"Thank Grambi..." muttered Mr L as he made his way over to the pipe. "I regret everything."

Now, I will reveal the answers from the quiz. Suffer.

1. "This doesn't leave the room, but... Princess Peach is actually a man." is a line that exists within the series. True. It's spoken in Snifit or Whiffit in Paper Mario: Sticker Star as a true/false question.

2. To bake a cake in Paper Mario as Peach, you need to leave it in the oven for 20 seconds. False. This is truly evil - it's around 30 seconds you leave it in for.