Chapter Sixteen: Oh Boy, RNG

Watching each laser dart around, Bombette carefully stepped into the room, then stepped out as a laser passed. Then she stepped into the room again, but had to duck back out when a second laser zipped past. Then she stepped in- you know where this is going. 

"So, uh, are you..."

"QUIET. I need the perfect moment." 

"Riiight," Mr L replied. "Ah, to heck. I'll do it." 

Without even a pause to catch his breath, the Green Thunder hurtled forward, dodging lasers left and right with several awkward poses and constantly having to duck and jump about. But at the end, he did managed to make it to the other side, just under an arch marked with a flame.

Flavio went next, surprisingly twirling and leaping through the lasers with a kind of grace no one had ever seen. It was also a kind of grace that would likely disappear shortly after this chapter.

Bombette went last. She took two steps and tripped over, with all the lasers pointed straight at her.

"Well well well. Thought you three could get away with failing my perfectly made plan, eh?" The familiar sound of liquid wing flapping returned, an pair of ever-so-smug eyes glowing in the dark. "But all's well that ends well. I was planning to send you to that room, anyway." 

"What-" Mr L began, but soon found himself blasted out of the room by something extremely painful. He could hear Flavio screaming beside him, and Bombette's yelp as well. All three landed on the floor as the inkwell flew up in front of them. 

Flapping to get to a lever on the side wall, Inky huffed to push it down. "All right, it's showtime! Come on, you guys!"

With that, a hundred dark torches on the walls sprung to life, each one baring a flame brighter and deadlier than the last. All this light managed to give the entire room a dim glow, illuminating a dark orb of paint up above, a familiar red silhouette inside. The main event, though, definitely was the levers all around, dotted in odd areas, some on top of each other, one with its tip on fire... just levers everywhere.

"Now, these levers all have different effects. Some will help your friend up there! Most will not. Have fun!" As he watched the three contestants exchange worried looks, Inky gave a maniacal laugh. "Go on, go on! Let the show begin."

Challenge Results: 

NintendoJedi: +10

BOOMFanficALatta: +5

TuliDream: +1

14 - Guessing Challenge

For this one, you are going to guess something. A bunch of numbers! 

Whoever gets the closest number to each one wins!

what no i'm not out of ideas-

RULES:

- PM ONLY.

- If you know the answer, don't guess. Sponge Brain Rules.

- Whoever gets the smallest error mean wins!

1. The year Paper Mario/Mario Story came out

2. The year Toadette became playable in Mario Party 

3. Amount of seconds in world record time for Rainbow Road (round to closest integer)

4. Number of words in the first sentence Blooey (TTYD) says to you

5. Amount of Star Pieces in Paper Mario

Still not sorry.

Points Handout:

1st: +10

2nd: +5

3rd: +1